Agnostic.com

12 5

LINK School shootings: Should parents be charged for failing to lock up guns used by their kids? - The Washington Post

I am a HUGE advocate for charging adults when their guns are used in a shooting.

Crimson67 8 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely

Definitely!

I agree. However there is an economic factor as gun safes are probably expensive.

I'm certainly not pro gun and don't have one myself. But it almost seems kind of sinister that only those who are not poor can own a gun in the "right" way - in good shape with a gun safe. Personally I don't see the point in owning any gun, but I wouldn't want to make that decision for everyone. Of course, I really think assault rifles and high capacity magazines should be illegal. But don't tell my boss or co-workers.

@Crimson67 Thanks for the info!

Yes - if you allow a child access to a firearm you are "aiding and abetting".

Isn't that one of the rules for owning a firearm? If not following that rule, and it leads to fatalities, they should be punished as an accomplice or, in case of a minor causing fatalities, as offender.

Gert Level 7 Aug 2, 2018

Yes

Absolutely! My nephew accidentally shot his sister in the head while their parents were working over 15 years ago. The prosecutor pushed to get the guns out of the house, but they insisted on being able to keep the guns because of the 2nd amendment. Girls in her 20's now and still in a wheel chair.

Part of a well-regulated militia is training and this level of neglect plainly suggests the owners are not well trained or adhering to that training.

Yes, indeed. I believe they should.

Civil action at least. Trigger locks or a locked gun case. If they are careless, they should be liable.

Civil action at least. Trigger locks or a locked gun case. If they are careless, they should be liable.

Hmmm...I believe they should.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.