Agnostic.com

33 22

Is Agnostic.com a port in a storm for you?

Agnostic.com has become a port in the storm, in the tumult of the current political climate. Each day of horrifying news corrodes my spirit and soul.

Reading posts and comments helps me feel better. Hooray for witty and thoughtful people!

Does anyone else feel this way?

Determined and resolute, I register new voters, sign petitions and march. Exercise makes me feel happy: hiking, weightlifting and stretching. Reading is a good escape, as is Agnostic.com.

A welcome port in a storm.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I work in a hyper-religious healthcare environment and so yes. It is a place I can just come, enjoy replying to a few posts, see what others are saying, and not feel quite so isolated in my non-belief. Also, it seems most people here are quite intelligent and some are truly funny.

@seaspot_run

Thank you for your insightful message. I am glad Agnostic.com helps you feel better and more supported. Your workplace sounds stressful.

You’re not alone in that one. Patients say things all the time, and I just have to hold my tongue. I’m with you.

@seventhkevin I just roll with it. Over half my patients have dementia anyway so it's not the only fantasy I indulge for them.

@seaspot_run Do i even want to know what other fantasies you’re referring to lol

A little of both. SOme posts I avoid especially if there is nothing I can do. Some I try and look to see how I can change my own behavior. Most are interesting, funny or enlightening. Unfortunately, I also post some disturbing items and am about to do another one that I know about but I never made a connection. This site should also be on about information, pleasant or not.

I feel the same way you do about the world and welcome this web site. There certain things you can't discuss with closed minded fools of the world. I'm glad that I found agnostic.com. A true life saver.

@freedon41
Great!

Absolutely - I really love it here!

I come here to identify with like thinkers, and sometimes for an attitude adjustment. There's always someone willing to be a sounding board, and the level of discourse is infinitely better than FB, as others have mentioned.

No. For me, like everywhere else, it is a storm in a storm.

I prefer the storm I feel when I drink a lot of port!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:146194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.