Agnostic.com

8 1

Is anybody interested in investing in the stock market?

dc65 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Chipotle Mexican Grill CMG on November 11, 2017 made a 52-week low of $263 if you had bought at its low today it is worth $327 and its 52-week high as $499. Before all the trouble chipotle Mexican Grill trading around $750 if you think it's going to recover it might be a good investment I classified as high risk

dc65 Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

I like to buy stocks pay a dividend 5% to 7% and are near their 52-week low and have and have a good business potential. Many of the drug stocks but that criteria also telecommunication stocks look good especially if they do a correction there a Little bit pricey know.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

A late and valued friend met Edward de Bono at a club in London in 1987, shortly after the Stock Market crash that year. Apparently, the famous physician, psychologist, philosopher, author, inventor and consultant had 'took a bath' in the crash. My friend asked him if his investment strategies were an example of his lateral thinking....

yes I went through that correction in 1987 lost half of my money I had invested but I did not sell I stayed in the market and I had it all back in less than a year and a half. I've gone through 4 corrections over the years I use margin a lot but it is very dangerous tool . it can wipe the person out if not used properly.

I have been in the stock market for over 30 years invested in mutual funds due to less volatility.

Yes it is best if you cannot handle the risk of picking your own stocks a person does make mistakes believe me I've done that

Have some potinitality good ones costco is my blue chip (SIRI) bought at .60 sold at sold at 5 (SYY) sold it looking sold it to early bought at 26 sold at 46 new age pharmaceuticals got it at .10 a share. Always game for a good tip

Chipotle Mexican Grill CMG on November 11, 2017 made a 52-week low of $263 if you had bought at its low today it is worth $327 and its 52-week high is $499. Before all the trouble chipotle Mexican Grill trading around $750 if you think it's going to recover it might be a good investment I classified as high risk. What do you think?

@dc65 think it would be better to drop it takes a long time to regain confidence. If I could figure out who was going to put the holographic tv out I would jump on that. That was a super good decision. I missed a lot that jump like that being too careful.

@azzow2 take a look here GSK 5,8% div trading at $37.24 today

I am interested in getting the hell out. I have one small IRA left and am trying to cash out as fast as possible. We never seem to learn that when the market goes up quickly it will burst. Too many have forgotten the lesson of 2008, the recent past. Besides, even though I was in a plan the was socially conscious there were still many companies I did not want to support. The best plan is called personal money management.

A recent article on Alaska Airlines showed how the company's employees were upset and all the cost savings the company was undertaking simply because they wanted their stock rating to improve. The stock market is a big driver of a lot of the ills in the world and I want no part of it.

I consider the stock market just a ponzi scheme for the wealthy.

Why do you feel the stock market is a Ponzi scheme? If you do research the company's businesses you have an edge and chances of picking the right company. It is like any other job you need to work at constantly. you will always make mistakes a person cannot be right 100% of the time and you just write your losses off and get out of the stock if it looks like it's turning bad and the ones you do a good job you take your profit as business conditions change. Good research is the key to making money in the stock market.

Buy what I use/like...
Visa, Home Depot, Disney.
Don't care for F.A.N.G. except Goog, which is in funds.

One of his quotes

@HeyHiHullo @azzow2 take a look at GSK 5,8% div trading at $37.24 today

lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.