Agnostic.com

29 8

Alone time

A lot of people, myself included, require alone time.

What do you do in your alone time and why do you think it’s necesaery to your well-being?

How much alone time do you prefer on a daily or weekly basis?

What happens to you when you don’t get any time to yourself and is there a limit to how much you can take?

If you don't like or need time by yourself, what happens when you’re forced into it?

AMGT 8 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

3 hours a week is plenty and I spend half of that on here !

I like some alone time, but a balance is good.
I spend time on the computer and have the news (usually) on in the background when alone.
I get more alone time than I like right now and it's depressing.

I participated in events where you lived in a hotel for a few days constantly with other people. I shut down and started pretending no one was there. I brought my devil sticks to play with and did so alone, they thought there was something wrong with me because I’m usually people oriented, and I did not know why I felt that way and it made me really upset.

Alone time is a part of my nature. I have been alone some 17 years in my life and a couple of relationships only emphasized the importance of alone time. However, I am also adaptable. My last relationship showed me one can have their proverbial cake. Any given year we were apart some 3 months (not all at once). That suited both of us. Often when we were together we each were active in our passions which did and did not include the other. Having someone to share day to day duties (cooking, housework, building work/repairs and on) actually gave us more quality time. This was a best world for me and I greatly miss it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.