Agnostic.com

9 4

Which building is in front of the other?

• 38 votes
  • 22 votes
Aivery 7 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The one on the left is in front. You can tell because the sun is to the left which is causing the shadows on the right building to go towards the right.

It seems some details of the building on the right are missing so that points to the one on the left being in front.

Laurel! And the dress is blue!

Judging from the light and shading, it must be the building on the right. Otherwise, how is it being lit up the way it is? Otherwise, the left building would be blocking the light.

godef Level 7 Aug 4, 2018

Unless... we're being fooled by a highly zoomed picture and the right building is actually far behind enough to catch light from behind the left building. 2D often fails to reveals enough cues to know for sure. Even 3D can fool you sometimes.

If you look VERY closely, you can see that the building on the left causes some inconsistencies with the imagery of the building on the right. Come of it overlaps the right's windows, suggesting that the right is actually behind the left. But the lighting can be VERY misleading.

The one on the left is in front of the one on the right. It's only the upper floors that give it away.

I agree. 🙂

I say left because it's a little sharper, the one one the right looks out of focus, suggesting it's behind.

It all depends on how the camera is focused.

Left

Coldo Level 8 Aug 4, 2018

Assuming "the front " is where we are looking at it from, the gray building balconies cover the windows of the brighter building, while the brighter building only appears to cover to cover the gray building in the cut out areas. Or...I'm blind

lerlo Level 8 Aug 4, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:147340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.