Agnostic.com

5 0

Green Burial.

What is your opinion on green burials? would you have one or you go more traditional? (Green burial is when you die, your body is put in cloth or biodegradable coffin and bury you 4ft deep in the dirt. No casket, No embalming. Just all natural, you and the ?.

SirCampbellSoup 3 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's a green cemetery near me and it's an option, I guess. But it's still cheaper to be cremated. My late / prior wife and my son went that way, so I've kind of gotten used to it. I also like cutting out the middle man. I actually arranged my son's cremation over the Internet, and he wanted no funeral, so it was point and click. Someone claimed his body at the hospital and a few days later he fetched up on my doorstep in a plastic box, courtesy of FedEx. He's now under a magnolia tree in the back yard. Or half of him is, the rest I gave to his sister to dispose of with his mother next time they get together.

That's another benefit of cremation. My wife wanted to be scattered under an Ironwood tree where we lived at the time, but her family wanted closure so half her remains went 2,300 miles to be scattered on the family homestead, in the meadow where she rode her horse as a girl. I offered to pay for an urn / burial site at the cemetery but they opted for scattering.

My family has always been minimalist that way, my brother has always said, throw me in a plastic bag and bury me in the back yard when I go. Of course ... that's not legal, but you can come close.

Yes indeed. I just want a shroud. If it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!

Ha Ha!

Sounds good to me but not good the funeral parlors. LOL Personally I'm going to be returning to dust a little earlier than some others because they are going to burn me up. Christians tell me "oh, I could never do that coz it's too much like hell."

I think you're allowed to increase your carbon footprint a bit at the end, considering you'll never contribute negatively toward the environment again.

Go big. Have a wooden boat fashioned, pile your treasure on, float it out on some body of water, have a guy shoot a flaming arrow through it. Have your severely burned remains wash up days later in front of a kid's sand castle. You know, the usual.

Works for me.

OR you could save land space and avoid cemetery fees and just get cremated, then bury the ashes in your back yard and plant a tree over them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:147432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.