Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Deconstructing Genesis-Part 2 – Molded By Reality

The second in a series of essays I wrote about the stories in The Book of Genesis: "Adam, Eve, & The Serpent."

jlrucilez 5 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So very true. God had a perfect plan and he knows everything in advance. Believers are "sinners" because god's way of getting us here involved incest, not just sex. So much for the perfect plan. The talking snake was actually a "serpent" and it had legs until it was cursed and lost them so it then "slithered" on the ground. This act is so very unbecoming, but note that the serpent told them the truth. Apparently we are to see that god's way doesn't seem right but it will be in the end.

Also note that believers all want to see the first man and first woman. This is a strange way of thinking. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? One might as well ask what was the first lifeform. Life in various ways must have sprang up all over. This would negate ideas of a first lifeform, Adam and Eve, or chickens and eggs.

This essay goes to some of the stuff I've read that a friend gave me years ago. I conclude we ourselves are the gods. Our minds the creative force and there is nothing mystical about it. Religion is the greatest con job and sadly it works for many on many levels. I think this is way it becomes difficult to convince the true believers they have their heads up their butts. You have to undo the layers a little bit at a time.
Good post - thank you.

I wonder why they came up with the idea of a talking snake... it seems a little unusual. Why not a parrot, or a crow, or something that at least makes “talking” sounds.

that would explain a lot

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:148361
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.