Agnostic.com

15 0

Are You Dominant Or Submissive?

Being completely honest with yourself, where does your personality fall. Keep in mind, "This is not a gender thing as men and women are capable of being both"

If you are a leader who take's charge and often make's tough decisions in most situations, You would be a Dominant.

If you are a people pleaser and prefer to be in a supporting role behind a strong leader, you would be a submissive.

For those who believe they share both dominance and submissiveness, explain why.

• 8 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 2 votes
twshield 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would like to be 50 shades submissive but I don't know if that's the right answer

Sexually, I am a natural switch. I'm not hardwired either way. That said , I do not submit to anyone I do not know & trust completely & I am not a trusting person.

Outside of the bedroom, I tend not to think of behavior in terms of dominant or submissive but acting out of respect, deference or social contract based on position, age &/or situation.

Switch with shades of Dom female, people have a habit of lining up behind me wanting me to take the lead while I'm happy to follow as long as the person up front knows what they are doing. Oh there's the problem,

Kimba Level 7 Mar 16, 2018

Switch with shades of Dom female, people have a habit of lining up behind me wanting me to take the lead while I'm happy to follow as long as the person up front knows what they are doing. Oh there's the problem,

Kimba Level 7 Mar 16, 2018

I'm rather torn, I think you need to have Switch/both as an option. On one hand, I am straightforward, controlling, and willing/happy to lead; but on the other hand, I am also willing/happy to take a supporting/submissive role for others when they need/deserve it and at the same time when I do lead I always try to take others needs/wants in to account.

I'm pretty laid back and don't have the energy/too busy to really give a rip. Til you mess with my kids and then Mama Bear takes over and there is lots of blood. When my oldest was in college she bought a textbook on a book exchange site, she needed to have me buy it to use my credit card. The seller sent the wrong book, kid asked me to deal with the seller. The seller sent her an email scolding her for asking me to help. I wrote one of the most eviscerating email I had ever written, and was very polite about it. The seller sent the right book, and told us to never contact her again.

Submissive male lol I am very laid back. I am not hard to please; just want some quality time with those I care about.

I voted as a submissive male but I think you needed another category. Other. I am really neither. I am a rather shy introvert. I would never run for office and I don't vigoursly support any party.

I am a dominant giver male. other males need not apply.

Believe I’m both, I’m dominant because I take care of people, submissive because people take advantage of me.

Switch.

Both sexually and socially I'm "switch", leaning submissive. I really don't have a default mode; I respond to each situation with whatever tack I feel is called for.

I'm pathologically averse to confrontation, so that means I'm effectively submissive in most situations. Ultimately, though, I'm results-oriented, so I'll do whatever I think is going to get me the results I prioritize. Depends on priority, situation, other players, read of the room, etc.

I really don't think of it as confirming to a "dominance/submission" paradigm. I think of it as "being how I want to be".

I am a guy, I am submissive to females. My father was a wife beater and I was my mothers protector, I always let women get their way when I can. I am very quietly spoken but in business I am known as either "the iron fist in the velvet glove" or "the velvet bulldozer".
Almost completely retired at present and up to my eyeballs in conflict, began taking on our power industry 3 years ago, am happy with the progress, 2 days ago my telecommunications provider contacted me asking what it would take for me to go to another provider. I am not in conflict with them, but further up the line and am making big waves. An hour later I got a call from a Government Department apologizing for the fact they couldn't support me, but wanted to. I keep a low profile, I usually have a "front" person working with me, they do the press, public meetings and so on, and usually they are the one with the original idea, I am the strategist. At the moment I am going alone, quietly but persistently. So, dominant in my work life, submissive in private.

Not sure the choices are broad enough.

Except in a sexual context, I don't see anyone being Dominant as a positive trait .

As I go about life, I am assertive, always striving to get what I want in a situation, without leaving the other party feeling slighted, small, or unhappy.

As I'm watching the end of "50 Shades of Grey" I have to say submissive. LOL.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.