Agnostic.com

27 10

Why are you labeling me?

Why is it a man can date a younger woman and there's no word for it yet when I date a younger man I'm called a cougar, a MILF or a GILF? I've even been called a pedophile! Also the younger woman that dates older men are called a gold digger and a lot of other inappropriate names. Why do men get to be human and women get to be labeled?

SonderOpia 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, it might be related to the fact that women's rights may be on the books but not fully interwoven into our culture yet. Happy news, the women's march is next week 🙂

I'm glad that you brought this topic up (presumably) for males to reflect upon. However, if care you look at it closely you will discover that it is not gender restricted. For an insight on how human beings use language you might want to read The Second Sin by Thomas Szasz. A little book of maxims and quotes on how people use language. At the very least after reading it you will be "armed to the teeth." Moreover, it may make you mindful of how you use language as well how language is used by others....Of course, there will be still be moments when you utter expletives....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.