Agnostic.com

5 4

Anyone ever listen to Mae West's take on Adam and Eve? Here's a youtube link to the broadcast that got her blacklisted.

silverotter11 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mae West was my favorite female star of the time (before mine). I really liked her ribald jokes like the one: "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?" She was also noted as having lots of lovers.

When the hatcheck girl comments "Goodness, what beautiful diamonds" West responds "Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie" The movie was "Night After Night".

I wonder who is the radio script writer ? Sound effects are not clear. .... Genesis King James words blame the talking snake but this radio audience is told start to finish woman is evil 2 males (snake then Adham) are victims of conniving woman

Mae West wrote it. It's a very old recording, 1930's sometime.

@silverotter11 then she played Devils Advocate to perfection dramatizing the desperation of women to escape male domination casting Adham and Serpent as milketoast boys of innocence tearing down the myth of paradise and the "rib"

Never heard that before, but always loved Mae.

Loved that! Thanks for posting.

Mae West for President

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.