Agnostic.com

54 7

Do men have a duty to provide?

Do you think it’s a husband’s responsibility to provide for the wife and family?

Lucignolo 6 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely.

Depends on your goals in life

Wombyn. Whom I respect and adore. Friend, sister, comrade, lover , elder or ally. I truly love all wombyn.

However. The current bashing of men is abusive.

Wombyn , especially Angry, randy, lewd and violent wombyn need to provide for their male live in lovers, husbands or house pets.

How can a dog live a better life than a homeless?

Wombyn need to respect and honour men. Providing for a household is a great way to show love. Many men can be both manly and house husbands, taking care of children and cleaning.

Anything is possible with love, trust and compassion through communication and comedy. (Not taking ye self too seriously helps!)??????

What is a wombyn?

Ewwww. Why are you single again?

What about households with separate financials? And why is it that "Angry, randy, lewd and violent wombyn", whatever that means, are especially obligated to provide? And what bashing of men? Also, Do men need to honour and respect women? What if the man is "Angry, randy, lewd and violent", does he then still get blanket honour and respect? Every relationship has a different Dynamic, and if you find yourself in a relationship where you are not feeling honored and respected, then you may ask yourself why is that? If you are giving your all but your partner doesn't value your efforts, whatever they may be, then maybe you're with the wrong person. A harder answer to swallow is, maybe your efforts are lacking and don't garner honour and respect. And I assume that by "provide" you mean make the . But have you stopped to think that it the responsibility of all parties involved to provide a multitude of assets, be it , emotional support, time, love, encouragement, opportunities for betterment (of self and of relationship), understanding, forgiveness, etc...did that factor into your reprimanding of women for for not respecting and honoring their men? Plainly put, men dot not have the right to tell women what they NEED to do anymore, those days are gone. And if you want to be honored and respected by anyone, let alone women, you should accept that fact sooner rather than later, and start seeing us as equals.

Also, loving "all women" doesn't mean anything, and doesn't preclude you from being sexist. We don't need your love, we need to be seen as your equals and able to be whoever we damn well want to be without men presuming they have to right to tell us what not to be. We need to be able to decide for ourselves to whom we give our respect and who we honour based on our own experiences and world views. Thanks, but I'm gonna do me and honor and respect those who I think have earned it.

I am in school now and going through divorce. My in-laws hate me because I’m not capable of providing while in school. I’m in class Monday, in the hospital 4 days a week and study on the weekends. I have no days off. I have no vacations from clinical days, but occasionally I don’t have tests on Monday so I get the weekend to catch up with school assignments and readings. They think I should pick up some night shifts and work to give money to my ex (their daughter). I get no money from her, pay my rent, live on my own in a very cheap, uninviting apartment. My ex lives with them and with our son in their huge house. They are pretty well off, but would like to help with our son’s expenses. The lawyer said if I have no income I can’t be paying child support, which is based on income. We separated after I started the anesthesia program. Do I already had no income when we split. The program doesn’t allow people to work as it is linked to academic failure. The program itself is way more demanding than any full time job I’ve ever had. As I wrote earlier, we have virtually no days off. To me it is insane how ignorant they can be. But maybe I don’t understand American mentality. I resent them for even thinking I should be working to give my rent free ex money.

Do you think men should provide no matter what?

You are exempt from child support while you are in medical school. The hardest education anyone can possibly have. No worries though, when you become an anesthesiologist - one of the most deserved highest paid occupations, you can look forward to losing half of that salary probably for the rest of your life.

You are working towards being able to make a good income and fill a provider role eventually if need be. That's different than living in a basement doing online gaming and making no money while sponging off the folks or the gf. People are allowed to take time off from being an income producer in order to achieve a higher level of education so they can be more financially secure in future. I'm in that situation right now. I do what I can to contribute but I have to finish school to make serious money again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:150385
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.