Agnostic.com

16 15

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Scorpio_gurl 6 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That quote appears in "The Atheists Bible" in the book of laughter (pg. 117) and is by a Emo Philips. I have used that quote here and other places. It always gets a laugh.

Hahaha! I think I love your mind & humor, CarrieVey!

that's a very bill hicks thing to say

Always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

One of my subordinate managers once said she finds it easier to seek forgiveness than approval. Much the same thing I guess.

Al Pacino said that

LMAO...

CarrieVey aka TheCyclingSinner!
😉

One of the funniest things I've read on this site 🙂

That's the spirit.

Emo Phillips is the man.

Quick thinking.

What else did you ask for and he provided?

It's easier to ask forgiveness then to ask permission.

It is interesting.... you could have simply prayed that your God would allow you to be successful in your pursuit of the bike no matter how you got it. Many crimes are often committed after prayer. Then if caught forgiveness is the obvious plea

A couple Hail Marys is all a new bike costs. Not bad.

Darn I got a whole rosary for flatting two tires.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.