Agnostic.com

8 2

Often you hear how civilization started in the crescent valley. Is baffling because the Chinese have had a social civilization that is estimated at being 15,000+ years old.

azzow2 9 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are conflating the invention of pottery with civilization. While the definition can be a bit fluid, normally we are talking about building cities with urban population, a socially stratified society, and writing. Last I heard that first happened in Mesopotamia, not China.

[dailymail.co.uk]

@azzow2 Yes, they had clay pots. Your point?

@Druvius There is a lot more detail, can't locate the article had ran across it but read so much the exact source eludes me.

@azzow2 You won't find anything. The oldest civilization arose in Mesopotamia. Yes, Chinese hunter gatherers discovered how to make pots 20,000 years ago. Remarkable discovery. But it's not civilization as the term is defined, civilization is cities and social stratification. And when they find a Chinese city that predates the ones in Mesopotamia, then people can claim China had the first civilization.

@Druvius Something that I have heard or read is that every person has Chinese DNA so that is a crock as well? Just out of curiosity .

[humanorigins.si.edu] Does not get more factuas as the Smithsonian My mistake not everone is aware of the Chinese Native American DNA link.

The Chinese also have an actual written history that predates when the events (creation of ht world) of Genesis supposedly took place.

If it is someone else , it is a myth , if it is us it's fact 5555 555 ( five in Thai is ha )

Interesting - Several cultures were discovered in China, some before 9000 BCE. Roughly the same time frame as in Mesopotamia. However, pottery was discovered in use much earlier in China. That goes to show you, history is written by people with agendas. .

jeffy Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

[dailymail.co.uk]

History is seen in the eye of the beholder.

[dailymail.co.uk]

News to me. Can you provide some links or sources so I could learn more about it?

Do not have any on file will have to do some research. National Geographic is a good place to start of you wou l like to go about it your self.

[historians.org]

@azzow2 Thank you for the link.

[humanorigins.si.edu]

@azzow2 Thanks. @jeffy provided some links which I think would support your post more effectively. Pottery practised in China about 20 000 years ago and millet cultivated.

@Treasurehunter going to take me a few days to locate specific things. I have to talk to a friend from the Da Vinci institute. He is hard to nail down is always traveling. I will get it though.

[dailymail.co.uk]

@azzow2 Thanks. Mail article consistent with the Wiki article. Interesting stuff that civilisation occurred independently and this side of the ice age.

@Treasurehunter I was originally told 15,000 years so there is another article out there just do not know where it is.

@azzow2 15000 or 20000. It is still just about the earliest start. An original effort.

I've often wondered the same. I think it's entirely possible that since it's always been such a closed society, perhaps there has been archaeological evidence proving conventionally held beliefs about civilizations origins could actually be wrong.
Not to mention, acceptance of civilization having begun in China, would really put a crimp into the christian belief that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15131
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.