Agnostic.com

10 0

Did you have a childhood nickname?

My great grandfather had names for my sisters and me. My older sister was nicknamed "Mickey", because apparently she looked like Mickey Rooney as a baby. My little sister was nicknamed "Paddi", I do not know why. I was nicknamed "Irish" because I had light red hair and I have green eyes. Those names stuck, and up until he died, it was how we were referred.

Did you have a family nickname? Or one coined by friends?

MyLiege 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was always Brenna Bean 🙂 Or my granddad called me Brenny Denny. 🙂 I loved both.

Because I did not got my first haircut until age 3. I was called by the adults in my family "El Pelu" = "The Hairy". And if you called me pretty girl, I will drop my pants and show you the worm.

Boo Boo- They said it was after Yogi Bear and Boo Boo. I always believed I was just a mistake.

Boo Boo is the nickname I gave to my youngest daughter!

When I was little, my grandmother called me "Ishkabibble".

My name is Larry and no nickname ever "stuck" a few hippies morphed Leary from tune in drop out Timothy Leary. ...ever since I became a birth coach my spouses and I trained my girls to name me daddy

I still am a child in a giant 6'5" body but my white beard gets me hey Santa from strangers

I was a ranga, so at primary school got "blue" aussie slang for redhead, or carrot top, at high school it was "coolie" not really sure why, I was a major non conformist, voted as leader of the women's rights group at school, refused to play sport and instead would opt for a counter lunch at the pub with the deputy principal, I never dated school girls, the girls I went out with had their own cars and I was deemed the one most likely to drop out of society and never get a job. I did get taken out of school a rocketed up the corporate ladder, and then dropped out of society. I am not sure why "coolie" we have a town near here that we abbreviate to "coolie" and I was a surfer but rarely surfed there, too cool for school maybe? the term was known back then and used for lazy unskilled labourers, maybe that was it?

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." V from V for Vendetta

My real name is Vijay, pronounced VJ, and since that is too long, shortened to V.

A windy explanation, but amusing 😉

No sorry.

**Also, I worked with an Autistic, developmentally delayed client who called me "Ms. O'Reen" after which became my nickname at work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.