Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Virginia Women's Monument: Breaking the grip of men and war on the way we memorialize history - The Washington Post

IT's a start....MUCH better than old white Rebel leaders on horses, which is what we usually find in the South, or else the weary private with his gun, sigh. Boys with their toys, boys with their toys....

BookDeath 8 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a guy and a combat vet all that stuff, I like my war memorial statues. Old generals on horses with swords, footsoldiers with muskets at the ready, all that.
But it's crucial that we recognize the important women just the same as the men, and more monuments should be erected to those women without whom the general on horseback would have been pointless.

Washington Post won't let me look unless I subscribe.

Carin Level 8 Aug 10, 2018

@BookDeath I didn't realize I read that many! It's only the 10th now....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.