Agnostic.com

6 0

Connections

Can people make a real connection through text? Just words on a screen or something more. I have played games on my phone with people around the world. I have seen people meet in chat and hit it off. Once I've seen an international relationship end up in marrage. It all started just with a simple chat in text.

Spag84 6 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To me, text, chat, and messaging are only a place to start. A relationship needs to be built on much more than that. I may click with someone online and that will fuel my desire to meet, but I have very little expectations of anyone until I do meet them and then get to know them in person.

It seems like you answered your own question.

JimG Level 8 Aug 11, 2018

I want to hear what other people think and have experienced.

It's a good start.

Fairy tales end by saying they got married , but that's not the end of the story . It's the happily ever after , that's important . A part of the problem with online , is that you only see what they want you to see . It's the hidden parts that cause the problems .

People have been hiding who they real are years before internet, or even telaphones for that matter.

@Spag84 While your comment was true , the question was specifically about texts , which , in my opinion , means a lot of what people live with , won't be showing up in the texts .

Never tried it, so if it works sometimes....good!

Obviously since you know of people who have. I have not been so lucky.

JK666 Level 7 Aug 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152733
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.