Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Tap and pray: Churches using card readers for donations

I really can’t even anymore...

lakegirl84 4 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I understand the comments that correctly state “it’s a business, no reason to be surprised”. But if that’s true, they should pay taxes, given they benefit from all the advantages offered to other business that operate in the US.

I actually think it’s a good thing that they become more and more similar to any other type of business. It will only make it more obvious they have no excuse to avoid taxation.

Wonder when they'll reintroduce indulgences.

Why not? It's a business, after all. We pay for all of our delusions, one way or another.

I would not be surprised if sooner of later a church scans card chips to take illicit donations.

It's just an organization that covers costs by membership fees. Card readers is a natural evolution to the decline of hard currency. Most of them aren't crooks, just deluded.

Oh. Sorry. Your credit score isn't high enough to attend our church. Unless you pay cash. In that case there will be a $10 teller fee on top of your donation. Also if you give us your banking information. We can just deduct your monthly tithe directly for just a small convenience fee of just $4.95 per month.

Omg! Lmmfao!!

It's high time to tax these crooks out of existence. I remember when X'tians were all freaking out over debit cards back in the day. What a joke. Thanks for the link 🙂

My pleasure! They had to evolve. No one carries or checks anymore. If they’re gonna evolve to accept the payments, they need to evolve to pay their fair share out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154112
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.