Agnostic.com

3 1

Monday Morning Musing...

This morning my mind has wondered off into the realm of work / life balance. I'm curious to know if you enjoy the work you do or if you're just doing it to pay the bills. Which of these options best describea your view of your current position?

• 5 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
  • 5 votes
Switchboard 4 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I could write a book ....... I have always thought that if I wake up like "crap, I have to go to work" then that will be the day to switch gears. Never has happened. I have been always very lucky in that regard...I would even pay THEM for let me work there ( of course they don't need to know that ). Everyone is different. As long as my job keeps me busy developing my own skills learning new stuff then I am happy. It has never been about money. Could I have pursued a different path towards higher pay?..... yes. Do I want to be the wealthiest dude in the cemetery? Nope, rather be happy along the way ?

I love what I do, but I'm currently not a fan of the company I do it for. Some days are awesome, other days, not so much. But it does pay the bills, works well with my custody schedule, and offers flexible time off. And as a single mom who's not receiving child support (and never will), I try to be grateful that I'm able to be totally self-sufficient.

I am still amazed at the number of cases I see in which men aren't willing or simply don't pay child support, or even just don't want anything to really do with their children. I can't imagine not being actively involved in my son's life.

@Switchboard It's a trade off. He doesn't pay me child support, I don't pay him for the equity on the house. And he does have visitation of approximately two days per week. Besides, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. It's more or less a win/win situation.

I'm lucky enough to have a job that allows me to telecommute from time to time, as well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.