Agnostic.com

17 16

Knowledge is the original sin. Keeping people ignorant is the number one goal of religion.

Tecolote 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know a lot of smart college educated successful men who are still somewhat religious acting but I supspect they are that way more because of tradition rather than because they are truly religious.

I wonder when religious people will finally wake up and realize that it's like believing in Santa clause. Your suppose to grow out of it.

Agree. Keep them ignorant but smart enough to work and ignorant enough to fill the church coffers.

what utter crap lol scary really.

Well...you hit that nail on the head!

Iffy Level 5 Jan 15, 2018

Yes. Even ignorant about their own religion.

Yes religion only sells cruel stupid Atheists buy science and kindness

Your absolutely right. When around religious people they talk behind each other's back. But atheists and pagan groups seem to get along fine.

Well that and making people pay tithe... Just like the orange monster's spiritual adviser.

[newsweek.com]

Sorry Tecolete I spelled your name wrong in a previous post.

So true Tecolet,religion and the church leaders since the inception of christianity have always tried to suppress knowledge as I think that they fear it will lead to people not believing in their fantasy where they become powerful and wealthy.

All it takes is a little common sense to realize that religion makes no sense at all!

Too bad that common sense is uncommon... 🙂

Manmade religion taking advantage over millions

@Tecolate agreeeeeee

Stupid people are easier to control. It's sad but true. It's also sad that people are under-educated and brainwashed from a very young age to believe in a lot of BS.

That's the modus operandi of any right-wing government as well as religion.
They have gone and turned Huxleys 1984 into their operations handbook..

@Emile I recently read that book for the first time. Yes I know I'm a little late on it but at least I got around to it. The ending of that book terrifies me because it's so true. To be honest that whole book terrifies me. I I am so afraid that's going to come true.

Keepin us stupid.

It worked and its still working. How about Christmas songs. What a joke. Nice big houses with families laughing and food on the table and snow on the ground. Everybody's rich and the holidays are forever...ugh!

And Betsy Devoe is doing everything she can to help them...

Betsy deVos AmWay fascist criminal theocrat is ruining good schools and funding criminal religious so called schools illegally and she is married to Blackwater war criminal Erikkk Prince outed by hero Chelsea Manning

@GreenAtheist kudos to you, especially being from SC. 🙂

@Buddha I am from earth an Iowa snowbird on the beach kudos to you from Senator Rick Sanctomoron land

@GreenAtheist that is quite embarrassing, now we have Mike Kelly too... gag...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.