Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Ikea’s India store offers delivery by solar-powered rickshaws - Curbed

Go Ikea! That's pretty cool 🙂

"At least 20 percent of the Hyderabad store’s delivery fleet will be electric rickshaws. The compact, three-wheeled vehicles are used widely throughout India to navigate the notoriously dense traffic found in large cities. Ikea’s version will be charged at the store, running off of solar power harvested from some 4,000 panels atop the building roof. Any excess energy gathered will be used for lighting and other uses inside the store.

The solar rickshaws are part of Ikea’s broader goal of creating culturally-relevant shopping experiences. The New York Times reports that Ikea’s Indian employees visited more than 1,000 homes to better understand their new customers. They observed how families tend to host impromptu gatherings, which led the designers to create more folding chair options, for example.

Likewise, they created lower cabinets and countertops to account for the fact that on average, Indian women tend to be shorter than Europeans and Americans. Tweaking the design details of products and in-store experiences to feel more culturally relevant seems like an especially thoughtful touch for a company that sells products all over the world, but it’s also just a smart way to do business."

SkotlandSkye 8 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I watched the fly on the wall documentary series about IKEA..it was really informative.. liked that one..reminded me a little of the LEGO one..

I like the fact that they are tweaking everything for slightly smaller people..makes good business sense it has to be said...

I like Ikea and this is one of the reasons.

The most popular transportation in India! A covered three-wheeled motorcycle or scooter designed to carry passengers or cargo. This mode of transport is one of the most dangerous means of transport in the city. Despite this, it is popular among tourists. It is convenient for short trips in cities where public transport is poorly developed. But now they are safer, and some models are made with solar panels. I ordered one for myself and am already tracking the parcel through the website [postsendungsverfolgung.com] . Very convenient! I hope it gets to me quickly! Although my city is not suitable for such transport, I could not refuse a good offer from Ikea!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.