Agnostic.com

3 5

Politics and the US November Election

We must always be aware that propaganda always espouses alternative facts rather than actual facts. Alternative facts are statements that would have to be true to justify the actions taken or the actions to be taken. The Nazi's had to flood the airwaves with false atrocities taken by the Jews and other desirables. In another example, Hitler staged a commando raid on a German radio station near the Polish boarder, killing German citizens. It was made by German commandos pretending to be Polish to justify invasion of Poland. At each stage of the Nazi propaganda effort, intellectuals fact checked and pointed out the fallacies of the Nazi logic in a similar fashion as today with the tRump and his administration. None of it matters to some crowds who have been angry for quite some time and who relish at the opportunity to stick to the intellectual elite. That is why it is so important for rational people to organize politically and to get out the vote.

Refs: Milton Mayer, "They Thought They Were Free" ; NY Times article Nov 29, 2017: Welch, " How Stable is Democracy?" The Thom Hartmann Show

TheAstroChuck 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, it important to debunk the falsehoods, especially where it reveals the ways in which tRump's policies (on healthcare, trade, taxes, etc.) are screwing over his own supporters.

Absolutely right! Protection of our rights, our democracy, the moral character of our nation depends on US. We must act!

@icolan Do NOT imply that your description applies to me! I happen to believe that there are many , many people like me who are willing and able to fight the culture of greed and corruption.

@icolan We, the people, ARE the nation.

@icolan You sound as though you have given up. If so, you are part of the problem.

@icolan Then, let's fight like hell to make it what we want!

This was really interesting, thank you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.