Agnostic.com

35 3

What percentage of your life do you feel truly alive?

I struggle with depression, so this question really means a lot to me. I feel like it steals my life from me and just makes it a wasteland of pain a lot of the time. I am just curious what other people's answer is.

Levi_Hinton 7 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Working on it bro. Shit takes time. Life emerges and when it does grab onto it. I try to not to judge myself. The more you let it be and try to become conscious the more you will feel alive.

All of it.

Fuck this one hit hard, I'd say a good %7

I am waiting for this book to come out. [amazon.com]

I am in this place sometime s but not so often now I am past 70 y.o.Something seems ot have changed maybe a bit more acceptance I don't really know - I have been a lot worse and have had quite few suicide attempts and have been in psyche units often but then life started getting easier /or I did.these days Iam nore frustrated about what is going on, and angry at it rather than depressed.

What i did was i made my job very important to me and i enjoyed it. Got to the point where my vacations were for health and i wanted to go back to work. The things i wanted to do on vacation werw the thinga that mattered to me. Visiting family. Traveling across the state to visit a friend. Work on my computer and motorcycle. I don't chase material things that much anymore and feel simpler and happier.

Cosmo Level 4 Aug 17, 2018

I struggle with depression too, though I'm feeling more alive the last few years than I have through most of my life. A big part of that I have to attribute to a life-changing illness, it kind of blew my life open in ways I couldn't have imagined. Good or bad, I feel so much these days,

I'm not sure. It's difficult to gague how alive one feels when one has narcolepsy. I'm half asleep most of the time.

I am alive 90% of the time. I suffer from anxiety and depression at times, but I have learned that your life is only as good as you believe it is. I see so much Beauty in the world and I search for joy. It is easy to see the bad and focus on the negative, but all that does is make you mad and sad and depressed. So making a conscious effort to see the good will change your life. Also make a commitment to meet people and make connections. This will help you enjoy life more. Human connection is one of the best preventative to depression. I hope my comments help, it has been a really long road to this place in my life. I just wanted to share what I have learned.

about 100

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.