Agnostic.com

13 3

If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

I think I would start an outreach center for victims (both male and female) victims of domestic violence. I'd like to offer a variety of services including legal assistance, educational opportunities, as well as resources like food, clothing, and shelter. I've also thought about a crisis center for LGBTQ youth who are abandoned by their families. There is only one shelter for such youth in my state and they stay filled to capacity, plus not every kid in this situation has the ability to get to the state capital. 😟

MsOliver 7 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am sort of in that group. I don't need anything more than I already have so I give people that are willing to work for themselves free houses.

Would it not be better to be paid to do work that you enjoy and think worthwhile?

Probably what I am doing now plus more travel and attending cultural events.

The same as I do now really

I’ve had a plan in place for this, you know, just in case...

I would create an arena for not only handicapable individuals, but also for the neurodiverse. This arena will represent a population deserving of a facility, specifically, a sportsplex/teaching/therapy center all in one. The goal is to have a functional, fully funded arena for sports of all kinds with the inclusion of handicapable events, and designated areas for teaching classes to this population and their caregivers covering varying subjects from cooking to ADL’s, to community outreach with integrating this population into vocation/job/life preparedness. It will be equipped with a fully staffed medical clinic, ABA services, Individual and Family Therapists, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists. These services can be partnered with community caregivers and organizations (both personal and industry) in need of assistance with wrap-around services for consumers of all ages. Caregivers will have a place of support and access to services necessary for their family needs. This arena will have sports equipment geared toward diverse atheletic requirements. It will also host concerts and events of all types giving an opportunity for this population to have access and comfort in a location where VIP treatment for them is paramount, with opportunities to meet and greet their favorite artists, icons and idols, and fund-raising for further supports. It will be called O’REENA, a nickname coined by one of my Autistic clients. The objective is to have O’REENAs all over the country first, then outreach as necessary.

But it’s just a vision. And that’s what I’d work on.

I am 70 y.o. (pension age ) so I never need to work again. I spend a lot of my time doing washing and ironing mending and shopping for others for any donation to charity they wish to give me - When I reach £100.00 I ask someone what charity they want it to go to and send it off. I don't seem to have very many needs, I have a degree in fine and applied arts so I am often just playing with that creativity, often coming up with weird designs, I write - take photographs with a camera, walk and enjoy coffee and scones in nice teahouses. I don't really seem to 'get' other people so a fair bit of my head space is taken up with wondering what responses to make to them. I live pretty simply and have some enjoyment about having lived a varied and funny life up to now - Now being just easy time.

I've always said that if I won the lottery I'd have a lot of fun giving most all of it away. There are so many great causes to support. I'd be more active with our local animal rescues for sure and I'm active with Special Olympics, I'm head of our local delegation. I also like mentoring kids and have a program doing that as well. My life probably wouldn't change all that much. Maybe I would travel more.

If we're talking in the $5 Billion+ ballpark, I will locate an area within 30 miles of the border of 2-4 purplish states and build a high tech business park. Several office buildings, several server areas, heavy spending on network and power infrastructure. 1 mile away there would be convenience stores and supermarket style buildings set up and waiting for inhabitants, 1 mile out from there will be residences. 1 mile out from the residences will be some entertainment spaces. We will cater to high tech companies and build a safe place for minorities and LGBTQ populations in the flyover states and flip some states to blue.

If we're talking a couple of million, I'd do what I'm doing now, because education technology gives me gratification in many ways.

I’m retired now and spend all my time on Agnosticdotcom!

skado Level 9 Jan 16, 2018

Change all of my opinions to match those among the 1% dedicated to keeping everyone else down and expanding my own fortune at the expense of the environment and fellow homo sapiens.

I will be into tribal development programme. So would start an NGO.

The very first thing I would do is get myself and my family out of debt.

I am already there and I am sorry to disappoint you but Phase 3 is my Phase, and all for me. I will lend a hand to anyone. Still help my children with money so they can have whatever fun their youth can muster. But This is My Time for Me Until I Die. Whatever my man in the mirror tells me to do... I will do. I retired at the age of retirement. Not received enough money to never need to work again on my youth. While you dream a noble dream. I live an earned reality. When I am ready I will volunteer, on my terms. Wish you luck and may you receive that opportunity while able to act on it.

Great ideas @MsOliver. I'd selfishly like to be on a tropical island. I'd like to get involved with local teens and those with special needs. Not sure of the location but south of the border-maybe Spanish speaking.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.