Agnostic.com

13 4

It happened again...LOL Yesterday we welcome two new members to our knitting group. After the usual pleasantries the chat switched to politics, Donald Trump and to religion. When I told the newbies that I am an Atheist, one of them got up and moved to the end of the table....As I said before, I gave been : "exposed" to this ignorant behavior in the past.

DUCHESSA 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't help but wonder what she thinks will happen to her if she remains seated next to you !?

The first time a person got up and moved to another seat (years ago) I asked the lady about her behavior; the expression on her face was one of revulsion. I guess the lady few days ago felt the same. No idea.

@DUCHESSA What incredible closed-minded paranoia !

@evergreen When a person has not been educated but induced the most outrageous behavior can be expected.

People prove that they're stupid by their actions.

I feel sorry for people like this lady.

That might tend to bring out the mischief in me.

In me as well.......jijijijijij

Now you know who to avoid

The thing is that many of these ladies arw lovely....until you tell them you don't believe in god....LOL

They are some of the most closed minded people. That's pretty disheartening. I think it would be more appropriate for you to exhibit that behavior towards them lol. That's like someone getting up and walking away from you because you don't believe in Santa, Bigfoot, or the Tooth Fairy and they think there's something wrong with you.

Dear, I had people giving me the cold shoulder because I speak English with Spanish accent....I have been asked all sort of stupid questions about my origin.

Ignorant woman exposed.

UGH... My charity knitting group meets at a church. They have asked me to attend. I simply say that though I don't believe in a god, that I do believe in good. And for crying out loud, I am there knitting the same charity stuff they are doing. Some of them are not so warm, but I'm not there for them 😛

Knit those old biddies muzzles and horse blinders....

I belong to two knitting groups....local library and community center....both are full of Irish Catholics and Jewish members.

My book club is a completely different thing.

@HeyHiHullo sounds like they're already wearing blinders !

don't worry about it. she did you a favour

But I don't worry...I only enjoyed her ignorance.

LOL. Because Atheism is catchy, or the devil lingers near. How ridiculous. I'm sure you saying that creates the "uncomfortable" silence. Keep attending and doing what you like!

Except the newbies everybody knows I am an Atheist....This woman' look on her face was priceless. LOL

Dang! Got up and moved??!! How unbelievably rude and ignorant. Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

But I didn't keep my cool. I asked her if she was afraid of getting some disease or my accent was too much for her. I had a ball....LOL

@DUCHESSA Sounds like you handled it extremely well. I'd say you kept your cool WAY more than I would have.

@KKGator I guess I was tired because in the past I have told others -who promised to get me a bible- that it was OK because I needed toilet paper.

@DUCHESSA LOL. I can't even tell you what I probably would have said. Already been told (repeatedly) that I swear too much.

Image...
"I may be a knitter, but I can't fix Stupid"

@heyhihullo are you calling me a stupid?

@DUCHESSA no, the women that moved...

Such rudeness and they call themselves kind hearted moral ethical... Blah blah blah

Yes, these4 people are walking oxymorons........LOL

Wow. That sucks.

No, not at all. I had a very smiling moment....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.