Agnostic.com

10 1

Vegetarianism

I'm a lactose intolerant vegetarian, which milk is better: coconut? Almond? or Soy? I prefer both almond and coconut but which one sounds more yummier

GodlessWahid666 5 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like Blue Diamond almond milk, the original, but I don't drink it straight, just as I never used to drink regular cow's milk straight. I just use it in cereal and baking. Try 'em all, and see what you like. There is banana milk now, peanut milk, cashew milk, rice milk, hemp milk....you'll find one that works for you.

I usually drink Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk. To me it tastes the best.

I make ice coffee mixed more than half with almond/ coconut/ soy milk - full glass of ice cubes - tastes excellent. Never thought of adding vanilla extract ( pure and natural kind ) but it sounds like a good idea.

Not good enough , go vegan, no animal products, read Dr Neal Barnard M D / of the NIH /. Cheese, Breaking the Addiction, learn about the process of making it , twice the triple salt, addictive casin, female cow hormones meant for her baby cow - not a human - read dr Mike Geiger & Dr Joel Fuhrman. My husband reversed diabetes, lost 27 pounds eating all day long, just going vegan. And in a month - no medication at all. Read, study, learn.

coconut for cooking and porrige havent found a good one yet for coffee so whisky 🙂

I agree re: coffee. none of the cream substitutes taste any good

I’m a vegetarian who just doesn’t like many milk products. Daiya cheese is really good and my vegetarian teen uses unsweetened almond milk in her coffee.

? oh my husband told me he read an article, the cows milk people are pissed and filing a law suit because they want it called “almond juice, coconut juice”. ?

They do have mixed almond coconut milk. I usually drink and use almond milk. I might bake with coconut milk. My SO drinks an almond coconut mix. I like the taste of soy milk but can't tolerate it too well. There are other milks out there as well, including pea milk, oat milk, rice milk, cashew milk. Give them all a try. I think we all have different preferences.

There is also lactose free dairy milk, but I would never recommend that since I'm vegan, but it's out there.

Why not both, or mix them?

Coconut

You can make any of those milks taste like whatever flavor you prefer if you add a bit of extract to them. Vanilla, Hazelnut, Almond, etc. I like cashew milk and almond milk. I add 1 part almonds and 2 to 3 parts water in the Vitamix and you have super simple nut "milk" (you'll have to use a strainer if you have don't have a Bendtec or Vitamix. Again, add some extract and it can be whatever you want, peppermint is nice too for the upcoming colder season.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.