Agnostic.com

15 5

Not sure where else to put this other than here.

Has anyone else ever met someone and before they knew who they were, just had a creepy feeling wash over them, like they were sleezy?

It happened to me about nine or ten years ago. My parents came to visit me here in Texas that Christmas and on Christmas Eve we headed out to one of the malls east of me. Right before we got on the highway, I goi a call from my good friend. He got into an accident while riding his motorcycle and was clearly shaken up. He wanted me to come by to take his gun from him because he couldn't find his license and didn't want the police to take possession of it. Since I have a CHL also, I could take his gun without worries and the police wouldn't mind. I knew my friend had his license on him, he just couldn't find it because he was shaken up. He actually wasn't far from where we were either, less than a mile away, as it turns out. We got there and I saw this blonde woman talking on a cell phone standing right next to her brand new white Mercedes. My buddy told me who she was (clearly he thought I knew her and she was someone famous) but I didn't. Well, her husband got there a few minutes later and my buddy introduced me to Kenneth Copeland, who I had no idea who he was but I felt like I took a bath in a septic tank. The feeling of sleaze washing over me doesn't do the feeling justice. He couldn't be more sleazy than if his name was Sleazy Zleazoid McZleazerson.

Then I found out who he was. That bastard made my friend go through insurance, even though his wife ran a stop sign and hit my friend. He didn't even offer to pay for his medical bills or even his co-pay. His bike was totaled and got $I think it was $11k for it from the insurance company but if you don't know who Kenneth Copeland is, look him up. This guy has more money than god, Buddha and Jehovah put together. He has his own airport and seven personal jets.

Since then, I've driven by his place more than a few times, not because I'm stalking him but his place just happens to be alone a road that's nice to drive on and I love driving, especially when I get behind the wheel of my Mustang. Anyway, I couldn't believe the feeling I got when I met that sleazebag.... and I didn't even know who he was.

briangs 5 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agree with briangs, and Ms Prism, sleaze is sleaze. Beware of false prophets...and televangelists !

More on Kenneth Copeland:

@briangs Lol ok whatever you say.

Yes. I can empathize. This man is a sociopath. These televangelists are the lowest and are true sociopaths. They only care about their well being and the mighty dollar and manipulate people into shelling out their money - just to be "saved" and in their favor. They also preach Calvinistic beliefs which state that they will be "rich" as long as they believe and donate money. They are also tax exempt entities! Organized religion is an evil entity. That's why you had a bad feeling and sensed sleaze. It is sleaze.

I have never been in a relationship with a "bad" woman. I don't know if a 6th sense simply keep me away from them but I have to observe my target behavior for several minutes before I go in. Is my "lonely hunter attitude". Guys who are not in the level, got to be discarded because they will get you in trouble. Never has I gotten in trouble for somebody else's doing. As young I was very streetsmart. Now days I may have no idea but my biggest issue is the lady I am talking to not been a lady all her life. So I don't mind asking the question Straight Up even if under penalty of making an ass of myself. I will take care of Number One.

@icolan Because a bad woman will be sleezy in my book and will give me a sleezy feeling and also the wrong guy will give me a sleezy feeling. Right about now I got the feeling about you that....

@briangs I much appreciate the understanding of the circumstances and situation. Everything in this world is about layers. Sometimes being a sleeze is not about money they suck up from you. The issue was brought up here of the "original parts" and you bet many think they can pull it off and you won't find out until too late in bed. So dishonest and unethical between man-woman relations. Saw it happening with a sailor in my division 20 year old, went out with a waitress in a mexican restaurant, at quarters everybody in the division was told before he arrived what happened the night before. So while the light skinned, fair haired young man is bragging about the previous night events... We are thinking... I don't want to see when he find out. When told his face turned red, went to blue, back to red and then to pale white. Sometimes what the "sleeze" take from you is more important than money. I am talking 1981-82 maybe. I would had never done what his "friends" did of telling everyone, concerning my shipmate. By next day the whole ship will know of the event. Each of us got a boogey man to deal with under the bed or in the closet This drink is for you. You were there for your friend and still remember the "sleeze" and passed it along so we know the "sleeze" too and a warning how the poor is abused by the rich on a daily basis and under any circumstance possible. Thank You.

Oh yes. I'll even go for the nuclear option here and specify a case that will be of particular import to the subject of religion.

The father of my ex-wife, who is Filipino and very Catholic, would not let me marry his daughter until we had the blessing of a local priest. I set aside my own personal objection to such silliness in the interest of marrying this woman, since it didn't really matter to me. My ex chose the only Filipino priest in our area, a Father Ysrael Bien, who was serving in the local community as a sort of residency. I knew from the get-go that this fellow was no good in less than five minutes of conversation.

He denied the blessing on the grounds that I was not a practicing Catholic and therefore could not obtain the "majesty of Christ," as he put it. I'm sure he meant that as an attempt to get me to convert. Nonetheless it was a morality-based judgment that insulted me greatly.

We ended up obtaining blessing in the Philippines by another priest local to my wife's family. The new priest was an affable fellow with no qualms as long as I would be willing to donate a decent financial sum to his parish. It was enough to satisfy my ex's father.

Here's where it gets interesting. Just a couple years ago my aunt (who is also Catholic, and attended Father Ysreal's church) told me about a scandal in the parish.

Here's the story of Father Ysreal Bien, the smug son of a gun who denied blessing my marriage on supposed moral grounds:

[oregonlive.com]

Creepy, eh?

Why didn’t your friend sue the SOB. Seems he would have had a good case. If your friend was in the right the dirtbag that hit him would have had to pay for all damages and medical bills. I’m a motorcycle rider myself and I’ve read that the number one cause of biker fatalities is people pulling out in front of them.

you can't do what he does for a living and be a good person. he's a worm.

I'm a very bad judge on picking up the signs of a sleazy person. Or an abuser. I used to think everyone had good intentions. I was wrong to think that. I now question everyone who I don't know, in person whom talks to me.

@briangs You can't take shit from people. Because of those that turn the other cheek the bastards think they can get away with anything. A buddy of mine used to say the only cheek they will see of me is my butt cheek when I sit on their faces and when he was a teen and parents moved to new neighborhood he will go to the corner where everyone hangout and introduce himself by his nickname "the hebrew" he was a red hair black man, red bone and so they didn't forget who he was he will punch the biggest guy in the group. He just hated that his father was a teacher and girls preferred his kid brother. Somebody told me he was killed in Vietnam but the source was not dependable. He did was the most quiet but angry teen I ever saw.

I sometimes get such vibes from people, both good and bad. I took a course in non-verbal communication and learned that we notice things subconsciously that we are not even aware of. something as un-noticeable as muscle tension in someone's leg can tell us things about that person. It is amazing what we can see, and not consciously see or understand.

A supervisor at one of my old jobs rubbed me the wrong way from the first moment.....and didn't stop doing so until he was forced to resign on account of sexual harassment.

It's rare I feel it, but I get that vibe sometimes. One time I remember was a priest at my grandmother's funeral, and the other time I remember is a friend's husband. I can tell you my instinct turned out to be right with the friend's husband. The priest was a one time passing. All I did was walk past him and look in his eyes. The feeling might not always be right, but I think it might be accurate most times.

I don't get star struck. I look up to who I choose to but not because they're famous. no one is better than me period. I think Matt Damon is a slimy fucker and as for Trump or Paris Hilton can't stand them.

Well I did Google him. He is a televangelist. Not surprising at all.

Thats the way I felt about my ex's band manager when we were sued for breaking his contract. He had set a tour up with Aerosmith to have Mantis be their new opening act on their Japan tour in 1993.. It all went south, Zach Nillson (harry's son and my friend) left the band and the next manager was even sleazier with a cocaine habit. Two sleazeballs in the music business

Of course. One must be either perennially distracted by glittering objects or totally insensitive to outside signals to not have these feelings about some people. Another important ingredient to this form of awareness is the ability to think critically and an inbuilt skepticism.

@briangs -- no doubt. Been there, done that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.