Agnostic.com

29 2

Are there things you want to change about yourself?

Are there things you want or actively work to change about yourself or do you simply accept who you are?

From a personality standpoint, I would love to change my temper. Try as I might, it might still often gets the best of me. From a more physical or chemical perspective, I still seek a cure for insomnia and occasional depression. Mostly I figure I am who I am at this point and change is unachievable.

I don't know if I would be a better person without these traits but I hold my father up as my role model and he certainly lacks my temper.

BoingoOingo42 7 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My weight

My age. I'd like to be 21 again.

Clung to values and beliefs are operative in our perspective and conduct. If you can find logic bound agreement to a belief or value it is simple to don. Even while you don't have understanding, a practice of such will come with a realization of efficacy if it is true. So, as far as a temper goes, recognize that you want to communicate what you feel, and recognize that an aroused state of emotion doesn't get the message across as people respond to the angst and not the message. If you want to be heard, seek out the stressor and calmly express it. Upon reward of being understood with heightened understanding the donning of this value or belief will become operative in your character. Catharsis often produce regretful conduct, although it is healthy to release that pent up knotted energy you are actually unapproachable. Emotions, especially with fear are simple to deal with. It takes being present in the moment and acknowledging their presence. Seek out their root cause, analyze it and attempt to resolve it through calm expression. What needs to be done with emotion is to acknowledge it, turn towards it, embrace it, and pass through it. Once you have done this I think you will find that your expression is in a much more reasonable manner.

I like myself as I am.

For insomnia, skip the coffee and chocolate, also limit highly processed foods, take a walk before bedtime, turn off your devices an hour before bedtime.
A few grains of powdered catnip will knock you out so quickly, it's best to get ready for bed first.

For depression, try CBD oil, since studies show it relieves depression and anxiety.

"A 2015 study concluded that CBD oil is a promising treatment for numerous forms of anxiety, including social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Link: [medicalnewstoday.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.