Agnostic.com

34 5

Which are you more concerned about in a relationship: being smothered or being abandoned?

Muttcuts 4 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In one sense I feel abandoned now but I have to look at it in reverse also. Maybe our divorce was abandonment. On the other hand, I have always been afraid of being smothered. Being smothered by another human being is the worst.

Being smothered

I used to have a cabin on 96 acres in Northern CA. I'd go up for weekends with my dog. A good weekend was when I didn't see another human from Friday night to Sunday night. Introvert, no smothering allowed.

Not that abandonment is good but at least the intent is crystal clear.

neither.

I need my time alone for myself. Time for everything.

Smothered. if someone leaves me- it just wasn't right/wasn't meant to be. when someone smothers, it's not right either, but it's that person not accepting it.

Being annoyed beyond my capacity to be civil.

Well being smothered of course.

both i think

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16088
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.