Agnostic.com

6 5

QUESTION Shut Up About Your Tesla - YouTube

He has a very good point. In the long run electric cars do more damage then good. I'm surprised how technology isn't advancing into hydrogen fueled engines. I remember reading about a car engineer that made one but it never taught on or maybe car manufacturer's don't care about the environment at all.

M121 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm.... ok.... I still think the electric car is the car of the future. From there other things will be invented to help make it cheaper. That's how it works. From the big ole slow clunky computer to my little phone that does it all. One thing leads to another.

Hydrogen is really tricky to use as a fuel, not surprising it hasn't had the bugs worked out. Has to be stored liquid under really high pressure in big heavy tanks, tanks that can withstand an accident as well. And incredibly leaky to run through pipes and fittings. Big engineering problems.

@M121 I have no idea. Whole nations are phasing out gasoline powered cars so I suspect electric vehicles are the wave of the near future at least. And quite sure research continues.

Hydrogen cars from Toyota
[toyota-global.com]

Hi M21,how do electric cars cause more damge in the long run,just curious as they are spouted to be the most enviromentally designed.

Idk, electricity isn’t currently 100% renewable but it could be in the future. I don’t think that particular part is an argument against it. Beside the efficiency of an engine (in this case power plant) generally increases with size. So a power plant efficiency is a lot higher that a bunch of tiny gas motors tootling around. So you still get an edge there.

The only compelling argument is the manufacturing pollutions and battery recycle. But battery technology is advancing. So I think even for that we can expect change, so it’s hard to tell.

@M121

Isn't his point more about the wealthy, making more money?

Hi Beehappy,the wealthy are going to make more money on any type of new car design.I still like my fossil fuel 2002 5 litre V8 E500 Mercedes.I guess I am not that much of an enviromentalist,but I do care about trees and marine life ,I hate seeing trees being cut down especially large scale due to new sub divisions for housing taking place.Trees provide oxygen and absorb pollution ie carbon.

good point about the displacement of the environmental impact

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.