Agnostic.com

13 1

Are you on here because you are anti-religion, or confused/disbelieving about divinity?

Jnomac 3 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised in a Catholic home. I did everything Sunday school, first communion, etc... The thing is that I never liked it and I started to question...little by little I started to move away and go with the scientific approach. Now that I can clearly see what religion do to people I'm totally against it but I respect other people's choice to believe what they want.

anti stupidity but recognizing that religion has played a valuable role in the past

Or it's just fun to have conversations about things I have in common with others. I love talking about concepts and ideas that don't have to end with, "Well, the Bible says..."

I'm here because it's refreshing to have open interchange with other non-believers.

I'm not against religion, I'm a live-and-let-live kind of person. But I am against religious folks trying to "sell" their particular "product" in a sometimes obnoxious fashion.

I'm not confused at all, but quite solid in my no-beliefs.

I am here because I reject all religious belief for myself.

really I want to just get away from that crap.

Hmm. I am more identified along the lines of anti cults.

well, super late reply, but why anti cult? Honestly just curious

To paraphrase C. Hitchens: "Religion was our first, and worst attempt to explain and understand..." Alchemy gave way to chemistry. Astrology gave way to astronomy. Now, scientific reasoning explains those things once attributed through ignorance to the supernatural. We do have a ways to go as a species, and it's going to take all of us to pull it through. People who wish to cling to the superstition, fear and ignorance that religion breeds are looking backwards and not to the future. All the religious studies degrees in the world won't make one belief in the gods of this past any more real.

Why are those the only two choices? I'm selecting "none of the above".

I’m not anti-anything. Well, except the stupidity caused by zealots. I’m here because I need to see opinions of other non-believers because I don’t meet others in my daily life.

Never been anti religion... I just don't believe in god and whatever comes behind or in front of it.

Not anti-religion, not confused, just lack any convincing evidence that religious belief is anything other than wishful thinking and a means for one group of people to exercise social control over another.

Reality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.