Agnostic.com

11 5

Most ppl don’t want to hear this, but real relationship that’s last involve a lot of forgiveness, you have to accept the fact that your partner isn’t perfect & will hurts you disappoint you & upset you, You have to figure out if you are willing to go thru ups and downs with them

Haider 5 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very true. Anyone who gets close enough to matter to you is going to hurt you at some point,even if it's just by dying. I think the real question when deciding to commit or not is "does this person hurt me on purpose? Do they make an effort to avoid repeating the mistake?"

I completely agree with you. Nobody is going to be perfect 100 percent of the time. If you are expecting that....don't even try to get into a relationship. But I will say when you love someone you should accept them exactly as they are and the journey between you and your partner will be taxing at times but so worth it

True. Your partner is only human, as we all are.

I completely agree with this. It assumes people know that there are limits, but people are not perfect at all.

No she has to be perfect....

Good luck on that????

There is always a line that says "Do not cross". It's called a boundary.

Mine are non-negotiable.

@AMGT my pet name for boundaries is "non-negotiable self-respect checkpoints"

Somehow this message did not get through to my significant other half.

All lasting relationships involve mutual adaptation, give and take, and trying to treat each other with full dignity and respect at all times. We will fall short, but we have to try if the relationship is to last.

Nothing to be wounded with, if expectations are excluded in...

'm sure that I am not the only one who has thought about the expression, 'nobody is perfect.' Oddly enough, when you ask anyone what perfection is most are at a loss to give you a definitive answer.This begs the question, if you do not not know what perfection is then why make such a statement? Of course, it is often used to excuse our own and each other's shortcomings.

Cute dogs-have shepherd myself. Relationships do involve work. Takes both parties to make commitment to work together.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16355
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.