Agnostic.com

6 3

LINK Satanic Temple Protests Ten Commandments Monument With Goat-Headed Statue : NPR

From The Article:
The 7 1/2-foot figure is a symbol of pluralism, legal equality, tolerance and reconciliation for Satanists, Greaves explained to NPR on Friday.

And the reason he had hauled it out of storage to that particular site was to protest another monument permanently installed on the grounds: the Ten Commandments.

The Satanic Temple, a national organization with 15 chapters in the U.S. and one in Canada, objects to exclusively Christian religious displays on public property. It argues that public spaces should be free from religious messaging or be opened up to representations of all faiths, including Satanist icons.

zblaze 7 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The initial unveiling was in Detroit, and I gotta say the people running the event were very nice normal people. No goats, children or virgins were sacrificed ( at least not publically), although i did have to sign a contract that sold my soul to Satan to enter ??????

I absolutely love these guys! They are more effective than an army of constitutional lawyers. I applaud the strategic use of the Baphomet bronze.

Only in America! But I have to applaud the Satanists for their peaceful application of law in the interest of freedom.

I want one of those for my yard.

Quarm Level 6 Aug 25, 2018

Go Satanist!

Dietl Level 7 Aug 25, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:163589
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.