Agnostic.com

5 16

I've more often moaned than praised the political works of senator McCain, however I've long respected his service to our country, and his ability to change his mind when he's wrong, and openly admit that he was wrong. He was a man of courage, of country before party, and he will be missed. I for one will remember him warmly.

Tampabrew 7 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s closer to tragic than comical how Republicans morph into Democrats with near deathbed conversions... Sickening, actually. Having gambled (as many did/ do) that military stunts will serve their political aspirations, McCain paid a price. However, with his constant ability to change parties, as even Reagan did, McCain continued to support with his votes in the Senate the continued demise of US freedoms.

Hopefully, Arizona will do better … though given their proximity to Texas.. I’ll not hold my breath..

Varn Level 8 Aug 26, 2018

McCain was a good man. I'm not surprised that he didn't want idiot Trump at his funeral. It looks like Obama and George W. Bush will speak there and I think Pence was invited.

I agree he was the last decent Republican, still too far conservative for my taste but he at least was a decent person as far as I can tell.

...the last decent Republican.

yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:163817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.