Agnostic.com

11 1

How far would you travel to meet someone you are interested in? I mean, someone you have really gotten to know, obviously you would have to be interested enough to even consider it.

TheAkWay 5 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was looking, distance wasn't a concern. If I could afford the ticket, then went. But those were the old days.

We are in Oz, about 4 years ago my son went to Atlanta to meet a girl he had only met once 10 years previously but they kept in touch. Three weeks after he came back, she came here for 3 weeks, they got on great, she went to Scotland to study and married a Scotsman. This year he flew to Amsterdam, again a girl he met years ago, stayed in touch with, on his 2nd day they realised they had nothing in common, he hasn't seen her since, so he walked Amsterdam for 8 days waiting for his flight out. Was a little bored.

How far is the Nearest Black Hole?

All You Need Is Love- The Beatles. In this world we're living in today if you've got a shot at the real thing, no matter where, grab it. Love and Happiness is elusive and when we have a real chance to make it happen we have to go after it! And if for some reason it doesn't work out, like another song says; "Get right back up; Dust yourself off; And start all over again". Love makes the world go around, and if the earth was flat, I would go to the four corners chasing my dream.

Gosh! Go anywhere and as far as financially possible! It is wonderful to have friends in far away places! However, if you are set, on an 'out-of-this world' romantic encounter...you most likely will be disappointed. But, true and caring friends, will supplement 'out-of-this world' romance on any day!

Anywhere, if there was a real connection and we both felt there was a chance of it being something special. It's not every day you get a shot at lifelong happiness, after all.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 18, 2018

I was never ever interested in kindling anything more than a friendship with someone more than an hour's drive away.

Why torture yourself? I don't own a private jet.

@Akfishlady that's totally doable. I never felt the need to cast a wide net (see what I did there??) because I never had a scarcity mentality. Never lived in the sticks. Never lacked for potential suitors. It's a privilege.

I work on the internet. If I've gotten to know them, all I need to know is that there is reasonable bandwidth and reliable internet and I am there

Well I guess that excludes any Australian ladies for you, no bandwidth and totally stuffed internet. We have a new NBN, (no bloody net) it is mostly a fraudband solution of decades old copper wire.

I posted I would travel to meet someone and just purchased my ticket to travel from east coast to west coast. I also am free to relocate. Put it out there and see what can happen. LOL.

500 klms (300 miles) is the most I have gone to meet someone, I have had relationships with women up to about 200 klms away.

I love traveling and can usually find a legitimate business reason to partially cover the expenses, so I would go pretty much anywhere.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.