Agnostic.com

8 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great article! Thanks!

Probably true. Since my early teens I get about 4 or 5 hours and have never needed more most of the time.
Being up those extra 4 or 5 hours on your own gives you more time to think about time wasted not with people you love

Or they could both be affected by something else in common.

godef Level 7 Aug 26, 2018

I think the study has merit, however, as we age, sleep seems to be a problem. And, I know people with active social lives, that have sleeping problems! I can see where lack of sleep would zap our feeling of wellbeing in our waking hours. I would be trying to conserve energy in order to get done...the things that have to get done and would push to the back burner social contacts, they are not on the ‘must get done’ list! (This is my history.) Maybe Americans are too driven...a recent social conditioning!

My entire life has been others saying to me "you talk too much." Now that we are in a world of social media I find it is everybody else who cannot put down their phones. They carry them everywhere, smile down at them as their fingers send messages, and we even find 2 people inside a room wanting to text each other. Certainly you are not sleeping if this is what motivates you. I have anxiety and sleep problems too but certainly nothing like what I am saying here. I suspect you can be very lonely if all of your attention is given to a phone rather than to another person. I get texts in the middle of the night and the phone stays on the desk as I ignore them until later. It does wake me up though. People tell me I did not answer their text and I say it is because I am not glued to my phone.

That's a bit of an eye opener. Ha! no pun intended lol. It actually explains a lot and makes perfect sense to me.

Well that explains a lot!

@OlderWiser it was actually interesting. I have to figure that out. Of course, here I am, awake again and using social media so...🙂

@OlderWiser going to try!

As someone who often has sleep issues stemming from my PTSD, I found the article quite interesting. Thanks for sharingl

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:163908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.