Agnostic.com

22 10

Any conspiracy theorists here?

Please let me know if you believe in any of the following so that I know who to block. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Chemtrails
911 truth movement
Illuminati
Flat earth
The reptilians and/or Grey'sโ€™
Sandy Hook (or any mass shooting) being staged by the government (false flag operation) as a means to take guns away from Americans.
Fluoride and aspartame being used to dumb down humans.
Anti-vaccination
Anti-GMO
FEMA death camps
Also..
If you subscriber to Gwyneth Paltrowโ€™s โ€œGoopโ€ because you think she gives sage advice on any-fucking-thing, or
If you trust and rely on the words of Alex Jones, David Wolfe, Deepak Chopra, David Icke or Jenny McCarthy.

AMGT 8 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe Trump became POTUS just for the free golfing....

Oh my god, no, and thank heaven for that. There are studies on this. The results are fascinating and eerily consistent.

People who are easily drawn into conspiracy theories are generally those with security/fear/uncertainty issues and those issues are the same issues so many who flock to religions/god beliefs have. That is, those who were not indoctrinated from birth wherein the indoctrination process instilled in them an undying stockpile of such issues.

There is also an odd sense of power people get when they 'know' something that others do not. Because conspiracy theories are essentially 'fact free', there is no way to test them and that too is oddly consistent with believers in religion.

I find it equally disturbing that there are those who consider themselves rational thinkers, free thinkers, evidence based thinkers, who check their horoscopes daily, keep Ouija boards in the closet, carry a rabbit's foot/lucky coin/special amulet/etc.

It seems obvious to me that if one is going to not accept the tenets of religion, the supernatural gods/angels/etc., or other elements of that sort of belief system, it should follow that they would not accept any of the rest on the same basis.

Unfortunately, we have not matured enough to all be able to rid ourselves of such notions. Many of us, yes, but there is far too great a number of those who are still trapped in these counterproductive behaviors -- and they are for the most part unaware of it.

I consider myself a free and rational thinker who checks my horoscopes daily, keep Ouija boards in the closet, carry a rabbit's foot/lucky coin/special amulet/etc... not because it helps me in any way, shape or form... but because it's FUN and ENTERTAINING. Conspiracy theories bring both enjoyment and laughter to life... you get to enjoy how lame the conspiracy theory is, and you get to laugh at the people who actually take it seriously.

I do this as a reminder to keep an open mind about OTHER things and OTHER beliefs, that may or may not have merit... but you just never know if ONE person finds a gold nugget. It's NOT being trapped by counter-productive behaviors... it's keeping alive the notion that you MAY NOT KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW. And there's nothing wrong with leaving reminders of this fact everywhere you look and everywhere you are, lest you forget that you are NOT all-knowing....

My reference was concerning those who actually believe in those things. As for nuggets turning up occasionally, there is always that possibility and I made no mention of that.

There is a grand difference between being all-knowing and being cautiously skeptical. I happen to fall into the latter category.

Well, addressing them in order, I think chemtrails are real enough, just not what the conspiracy theorists think, they are just the vapour trails of high flying aircraft. and even though they are probably damaging the biosphereI can't see anything organised about them. The 9/11 truth movement; well I watched it happen on my TV set with horror, and can't see anything to have a "truth movement about. Illuminati and flat earth ideas are probably a few hundred years too late, so we can skip them.The reptilians and/or Greys, are not in my knowledge bag so we can skip them. Sandy hook I believe was one of those dreadful mass killings that seem so frequent in the US, so unlikely to have been anything but what it was-sheer madness. Flouride and Aspartame might be dumbing down Americans but only because the Americans are already dumb enough to let big business sell them waste products as an alternative to proper disposal. Anti-vacination, well that seems to fly in the face of a couple of centuries of medical evidence, but as we say here only in America. Anti GMO, the jury could still be out on this subject, so the precautionary principal should hold sway for a while yet perhaps. FEMA death camps I've not heard of so can't pass judgement. And all those other personalities, why would their views be worth any more than yours or mine? So, looks like we've eliminated any viable conspiracy theories for the moment. Do we have any more?

Do we have any more? HAARP

you listed 911 truth movement, I do not know exactly what you refer to with that, but I will state with extreme confidence that the report that NIST released is a total sham and the claims made would make a god more believable. as to being a conspiracy theorist, well I have no idea as to whom or why but 2 planes striking 2 different buildings less than a third down from the top does not bring down 3 buildings. a very large number of engineers and architects world wide are refuting the official claims on the NIST report especially in regard to building 7, these people are not conspiracy theorists either but just want the truth revealed

I have a friend who is into a lot of these and i argue with her often. She has the nerve to tell me that a friend of hers is ridiculous for believing in the flat earth, but she believes in many of the others. It really bothers me when agnostics/atheists believe these things. They scream for evidence when it comes to a god/religion, but so not apply the same criteria to conspiracy theories.

A nice comprehensive list you have there.
I think they're all crap, some are super crap like Alex Jones, Deepak, Gwyneth, Jenny.
It seems like people flock to hear the garbage these people vomit up like it's profound wisdom.

None

The only one there that is even remotely possible is the Illuminati. There is no doubt that the world is being controlled by a small group of wealthy and powerful people, behind the curtain and out of public light. Whether it is as organized as something like a secretive group, such as the Illuminati, or if it's just powerful men playing god with the rest of us... Who knows for sure. I could definitely see it being possible for such a group to exist, and to really be influencing the world without anyone knowing about it.

there are many who doubt it. Would love to debate this with you, for several centuries the Rothschild family controlled Europe thru their banking---financing most of the wars (both sides). Remember how henry Ford had a better idea? The assembly line? He was limited by his own vision; any color you want as long as it is black---GM put the hurts on him---they would paint one in Polka dots if you would pay for it. Now, just as Ford was so were the Rothschilds limited----the Rockefellers were not so limited, they took the idea out on a global scale. Red Square in Moscow Lennin's Tomb, The Kremlin, Saint Basil's Cathedral---number one Red Square is Chase Bank, what are the odds that they financed the revolution? Took a lot of money to pay for that. Read David Rockefeller's book "Memoirs" right after you read the biography of his grandfather John D.. give me some data on the Illuminati so I may be informed on your view.

Not at the moment thank you, although I do have friends that are trying to recruit me for any number of those life hazards, and resistance is not futile, no one has changed my mind.

I don't like being a conspiracy theorist but have become one the older I get. My main issue is with 911 - the buildings cannot free fall unless demolished, plus building 7 was clearly demolished as a basic fire could never take a building like that down, so the explosives had to have been planted months in advance. 2500 architects have attested that what we saw on 911 is basically impossible unless planned. Plus whatever hit the Pentagon was not a plane, there was no tail debris, the hole was too small, etc. When someone can explain all of this to me I'll get off my 911 conspiracy theory as I said at the beginning I don't like it but the facts don't add up.

All the rest of the conspiracies seem pretty much crap, but I do think that governments, especially the US government are warmongers and have used many rubbish excuses in the past for invading who ever they want i.e. WMD's in Iraq, etc.

I have been through this many times, but I find it important to continue this effort.

Buildings in crowded areas like New York, are designed to fall straight down. They are built around structural cores that are intended to make sure that is what happens.

Further, it is not true that the buildings would not collapse because they were hit by an aircraft and the ensuing fire. Quite the opposite, I would expect them to collapse, and I have a simple experiment you can perform at home to demonstrate the idea.

Take an ordinary cinder block and place it gently on your foot. You will feel pressure, yes. It won't be particularly uncomfortable and will cause no damage to your foot. This is the building in a static condition.

Now, lift the cinder block until it is about 1 meter above your foot. Drop the block. Did you notice any difference in the effect of the block on your foot?

I have designed some of the largest moving machines on this planet and have a pretty good understanding of structural failure modes.

As for the Pentagon, once again you are misinformed. Much wreckage from the aircraft was retrieved and a lot of it was extracted from inside the compound.

You, of course, are free to believe whatever you wish.

Oh, you're feisty. I like that.

Fortunately for me, I don't do conspiracy theory stuff. That strikes me as more damaging to democracy and the public interest than benefit, assuming there is any benefit.

I believe the govt was at least complacent (if not complicit) in 911 ( and pearl harbor) but other than that im in agreeance with your list

the government never used soldiers to study the effects of radiation on people, never let the CIA experiment with LSD as a truth serum, The Kennedy/King assassinations were random acts of violence, JFK Jr., RFK Jr. were just unlucky, That the Rockefellers are lucky and good honest Americans------yes I believe all this, the lobotomy really helped!!!!!

Darn, I thought you were referring to the JFK documents becoming declassified soon. I'm interested in reading those.

I believe in Chemtrails. 911 was a inside job just a reason to invade Iraq. I have a few books on the Illuminati.

To quote Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro): "You talkin' to me?"

The Illuminati Conspiracies will touch on JFK's assasination, the WWII gold and "the wealth of nations", the creature from that resort island in Glynn County, and practically every "wonderful" event in the last 200 years of human history.

=====================================================================

By "wonderful" I mean it leaves you wondering and asking a lot of questions, he-he! Here in the Philippines we're fond of playing around ( or maybe fooling around ) the english grammar, like: "Hey don't do that, that's dangerful!" - meaning it's dangerous or full of danger. That's strictly Filipino humor. My apologies.

Oh God, that I don't believe in, I hope not lol. I would rather talk to a mob of crazy Christians than one more person who believes Nubaru is on its way here. Or flat Earthers, give me a break. Really you believe the Earth is flat? Try laying on your belly the next time you're at the beach watching the sunset. as soon as it disappears stand up and watch it set again. Flat Earth debunked right there.

Actually I am somewhat anti-GMO. I question the development of GMO's for the profit of the corporations developing them. I also question the safety of a number of them for the biosphere as a whole. So, block me if you must but, I base my reasoning on science and evidence not conspiracy. The other thing is the knowledge I have gained by growing them; they are the genie that solves are the problems until it doesn't but, try to stuff that bitch back in the bottle and it isn't going to happen.

Conspiracy theories always have one failing is that they always require huge numbers of people to be involved in the cover up. If they were true we would all know very quickly as the more people involved the greater the probability that someone would let the cat out of the bag with each passing day; it goes against human nature to keep secrets forever. They are like a squirrel in a cardboard box, sooner or later they chew their way out.

lmfao

(Hominid removes tin foil hat, adjusts glasses...) I'm fairly convinced 911 was an inside job. Way too much suspicious evidence. And GMOs aren't good, just in principle. Mixing in fish DNA with tomatoes just for frost-hardiness? Christ almighty... They dropped the experiment, but this shows how far they're willing to go.

What about the Clinton Body count?

[thoughtco.com]

BD66 Level 8 Oct 17, 2017

On that one I have to call bullshit:

[snopes.com]

I didn't say I believed it, I just meant it belonged on the list.

@HeathenFarmer Only that one?

I am a big time conspiracy theorist...in fact...I got banned from /r/conspiracy on Redditt...๐Ÿ™‚

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.