Agnostic.com

12 2

What’s your tragic flaw?

If you were the hero in a tragity, what characteristic, that is usually seen as favorable, would lead to your eventual demise? Why?

Funandfondles 6 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You need to forget about Fantasy... and learn to live Life. I can't tell you my secret because it is mine and my secret. But I will volunteer... a woman will be involved. I already been approached by life with that dilema and got to live to die another day. So I can say that sometimes your instincts should trust your brain and take a backseat. Tragedy is Overrated so in the longest 3 second decision I ever faced I turned my life from Ending in a Tragedy to an Epic that still Continues. I am the Hero in my Epic Poem, the tragedy production got shut down due lack of interest in a flawed ending. Life is where is at... but you have to be ready and prepared or you will die in a tragedy. (notice I did not used the word hero)

I would greatly discourage the use of “you”, unless it’s stated hypotheticaly, it sounds condescending. This was just for fun, if you don’t want to play that’s fine; despite the initial antagonism, I appreciate you sharing your opinion on trying to think positively. Personally I like dark stories with twisted vibes, not everything is rainbows and sunshine, and ignoring negative things is impossible, so playing them out in my head helps me prepare I think. I completely agree that dwelling on negative feelings is very destructive, but everything is good in moderation.

@Funandfondles You go ahead and dream about heroes and fairies... you will be well prepared on somebody else's imagination of a nulled concept. Go ahead while the world is what happens outside your head. You go.

@GipsyOfNewSpain wow

I have a feeling that if my enemy was super sexy I'd have a hard time. I'd be like, "I can't destroy him, he's gorgeous."

The love of beauty has been the downfall of many. And yes, vodka is quite a weakness, mine is tequila.

Does Vodka count?

I'd be distracted at a critical moment by a devious adversary who knows my fondness for something that can take my full attention:

Kittens

Like in the movie “up” squirrel! Crash!!!

I have a blind spot or three. Because there are some despicable things I would not do, lie, cheat, betray trust and so forth, I assume people I know would not either. Some people I don't trust, but it is the ones I trust that get the better of me. Funny that. I should NEVER let my guard down, but I want to be able to trust some people. My kryptonite.

That’s not bad, it’s a good thing to be cautious, but with no risk comes no reward. Your character could have met an an untimely end before the end of his heart beat.

I'm human

A little vague, but in some stories of fantasy that could be it. If you lived among powerful creatures, even if you did everything right, it could never be enough, because your only human, only capable to do so much, yet still try in vain until the day you die, never truly alive.

yes well said mate

My rather fierce dislike of stupidity.

that's, not your flaw.

I don't suffer fools well at all. It made me incompatible with the c-suite. In retrospect I'm not sure that was really as bad a thing for my career as I thought at the time.

You have a hard time dealing with fools because it made your social status shaky, you felt bad for it at first, but decided it was batter to avoid fools in the long run because it kept your social status high for your career?

that's, not your flaw.

@Funandfondles I have a hard time dealing um, gently, with fools and therefore I am not considered politically correct enough to be in the c-suite, where there are a LOT of fools. I ended up not making it above VP level. In retrospect, though, I saw enough and am much happier where I am now, as an outside consultant.

@chicagojcb I’m glad things worked out well for you in the end.

I often like to wander off alone and explore ... I suppose unless I was cautious, I might get eaten by a dragon.

She never did heed a word of caution, it was simply a matter of time.

Being too trusting lol." Oh Joe's a nice guy,he's just got a harmless obsession with serial killers....."

Forshadowing his desire to be like them, immortal in the thoughts of man, cunning, lawless, deadly. If only the “nice guy” act couldn’t drop her walls so easily, she might have lived a full life. She had a longing in her heart, and wanted someone to take the risk for her, so in an act of empathy gave a man most undeserving free reign among her life.

@Funandfondles the "Nice Guy" strikes again. They're always the worst.

You gotta find one that knows he’s an idiot.@Blindbird

Why would the hero die? I want to be intelligent and live.

It’s a tragedy, only side characters get to live.

Oh.

@Sarahroo29 feel free to get back to it, this is neat.

I would stop the bleeding. I got in trouble at work because I argued with the safety man in a meeting about stopping the blood if a person was hurt.

So the characteristic might be wanting to help everyone, sometimes it’s alright to admit when you don’t know what to do and defer to others who know. But that’s the idea, too much of a good characteristic can be deadly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.