Agnostic.com

32 9

Ancient Aliens

Does anyone here ever watch the show Ancient Aliens? Other than Gio, the god of Every Growing Hair, what is the common take on all the whacky proposals they make? No matter what they speak of, Its An Ancient Astronaut Theory! The moon is an Alien created orb. The burning bush? Aliens! Tsunami's? Underwater Aliens! Earthquakes? Underground Alien Lizard People! Geez... so any opinions on the numerous topics they dance around?

Sadoi 7 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is the first time I watch this show.

The only thing I can believe in on this show is the guy's hair!

This guy is just as big of a crack pot as the TV evangelists. Must have done his PhD on some other planet.

Derision of the subject by those who have not studied the evidence
has only a psychiatric basis; denial.

A complete lack of serious study of the subject ,
in my way of thinking, may not disqualify one to have an opinion but not an educated opinion.

The subject is quite serious and real; the show is entertainment by speculation.

So many small minded people here. So we're the most advanced beings in the Universe? You people sound like you believe in a God that created everything just for us. You simple minded saps. Thanks for showing me how dumb you people are. You don't know any more than the religious fanatics you bitch about.

you are in an agnostic site talking about God AND belief in... what the fuck was that... fairy dust, puppy dogs tails, snails, aliens, nessie, leprechauns... hmm... what was that? you are a fair priest of the alien underground? and you want to refer to us as "dumb?" hmmm slowly pulls mirror toward Dwayne take a look there... pot calling kettles __fill_in_the_blank__ 😉 get yourself in check, please.

I suspect you are Trolling me/us. There is No Way you could be serious.

Like... seriously...? What the fuck is this psychobabble? please explain, but in English this time:

You want to be enlightened people? Let me tell you what is real. I am an Extraterrestrialist and Extraterresrialism is my religion. The Supreme being, beings is real and full of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is love, compassion, caring and all that is good. Extraterrestrialism is based on pure logic, facts, observations and science. Science created the Universe. Time created the Supreme beings, Evolution created man. Supreme beings advanced mankind and gave us many gifts to help us evolve to higher forms of man. What is and was will always be in time. Our bodies die but our energy transforms. Our energy knows of itself and joins the cosmic conscience. This is pure logic like 1 plus 1 = 2. Know this and you are one with the Universe. Think about it. I am the first Extraterrestrialist. I don't believe, I know. I am Happy and at peace. You can be too. Deny this and stay in the dark.

Then you come back with this lovely one when no one acknowledges you:

First you have to have the ability to learn. Most of these comments debunking Et's come from people who believe that we are the most advanced beings in the Universe and that it is all for us. Most people here sound like those idiots that believe a God created everything for humans. And I thought Trump supporters were dumb. WOW!!

Sorry, but I Honestly thought you had to be joking with me. I had no idea anyone around here could come up with such insane minutia, would opt to not only dream this crap up, but choose to publically post it, unfortunately on my question (sigh), but nonetheless, here it is, here You Are and... i have no idea what to make of you. Are you being serious? Are you being... insane? And if you are insane, would you even realize you are insane? If so, can you explain your sanity, or lack thereof, to me... in say... 100 words or less?

We are the most advanced that we know of. The important word there is know. Anything else is just speculation. I just speculated about a hippo in my driveway, I just checked, there's not one there. Speculation is not evidence I'm afraid. Most people I know in this community like to deal with facts and evidence, that's how they have made the difficult transitions from faiths to their current beliefs or absence of belief. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

@Dav87 wait a minute...I just tuned in to the webcam in your front yard and I swear, I see that hippo right there!!

@Sadoi No, someone did reply and emailed me. I read so many negative replies to the post that I wondered where peoples common sense went. So we are the only advanced beings in the Universe? No, man is not. Just because you never saw them doesn't mean they don't exist. Some people need proof of everything. Do you know how big this Universe is. Man just crawled out of caves recently. What If we were 1000 times more advanced? Where could we go and what would we do? Would we help other life forms advance? I would. I'd want to spread life throughout the Universe. Why? To make it less boring. Just like you want to spread your knowledge. It's boring not to try. Why be fruitful and multiply if there is no point. I don't know I guess is the main theme of this site. If one does know, this site isn't for them or me. Just keep wandering in the dark and not believe those who know. I tried to tell people what I know using common sense. Most people just don't like to use it.

@Dav87 But most people don't like to use common sense. Many have to see to believe. It seems that many here think we are alone in this huge old Universe. We are not. I know because I've seen them.

@DwayneBarrett but I never said I didn't believe there could be life elsewhere. I don't believe that. Likewise, I also don't believe all the extra minutes attached to the possibility of life outside our Galaxy. I love the idea of Star Trek and Star Wars for a reason. I wish. I hope. But I don't believe a ton of the stuff on ancient aliens either. I try to be sensible about it.

It's ok! I got us covered!

@DwayneBarrett and, also, I didn't personally email you and attack you. I honestly, legitly thought you were joking. Now that I Realize you are not... Okay... Uhh... If you could share with me the Three most important things You Believe, what would they be? I will try to understand what you are attempting to convey to me. And I won't fuck with you, either. I will be serious.

@Myranta BWAAAHAHAAH! OMG! How did i NEVER see this??! The alerts must have gotten all crossed because HAD I SEE That picture, i would have died laughing! Myranta, turn ON HISTORY CHANNEL NOW! hahahaha

@Myranta Are you proseletizing for the "tin hat crowd?"

You want to be enlightened people? Let me tell you what is real. I am an Extraterrestrialist and Extraterresrialism is my religion. The Supreme being, beings is real and full of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is love, compassion, caring and all that is good. Extraterrestrialism is based on pure logic, facts, observations and science. Science created the Universe. Time created the Supreme beings, Evolution created man. Supreme beings advanced mankind and gave us many gifts to help us evolve to higher forms of man. What is and was will always be in time. Our bodies die but our energy transforms. Our energy knows of itself and joins the cosmic conscience. This is pure logic like 1 plus 1 = 2. Know this and you are one with the Universe. Think about it. I am the first Extraterrestrialist. I don't believe, I know. I am Happy and at peace. You can be too. Deny this and stay in the dark.

wait... is she being serious... or is she just... fucking with me... playing along with the jokes... right...? uh-ooh

this for example... wtf?

Could you please send me a link to a peer reviewed study on these claims please, myself and my old physics tutor would love to see it. If you could also give details of how consciousness can exist out of the brain that would be great as there are prize funds all around the globe (all over the flat) that I would quite like to collect.

this sounds like let me replace god with Extraterrestrial Apologetics. I would like to know if the enlightenment you have is from personal experience?

@Dav87 It's not available;being classified as "above top secret," the only peer review is gov't, esp the military. Check out the whistleblowers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16722
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.