Agnostic.com

12 2

What communities do you belong to?

So, I play racquetball and squash and really enjoy the community of people that participate. We are competitive but friendly and give each other comraderie and support. What activities or hobbies do you enjoy doing that give you a community to belong with?

BoingoOingo42 7 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bird Watching, Brevard Atheists, Humanist Community of the Space Coast, Sierra Club, Space Coast Progressive Alliance.

BillF Level 7 Aug 31, 2018

Bridge players and jazz musicians.

I belong to a writing group and also just joined a chorus.

I’ve been thinking about joining a local community group through Facebook, because I live in what I would call an upper lower-class neighborhood and this group of people is trying to work on improving the area. They want to start a makerspace, and as a science teacher I could definitely help out by volunteering with the kids, and they’re also working on things like driving elderly people to get groceries, helping people register to vote and getting them to the polls, etc. I’ll be adopting a child soon, and as a future single parent I feel like I should be involved in my community but I’m such an introvert that the idea makes me terribly nervous!

I volunteer at a homeless shelter.
There are a community of us that do that there.
Other than that I have a group of friends that I play World of Warcraft with.
Not much else.

I have a writer's group, horse friends, Death Cafe, friends who get together once a week or two for dinner.

I pool (pocket billiards). I've developed many long lasting friendships over the years in the pool community.

The world is my country, to do good is my religion.

This group a Chevy Volt Owners Group Electric Car Owners Group and that's about it

SWFL Democrats, Lee County Democrats, Gillum for Governor, Girly Book Club Ft Myers.
( I haven't been to the book club yet - first one is later this month).

This one.
That's enough.

1. Volunteer college mentor at Wenatchee High School

2. North Central Washington Democrats

3. Chelan County Democrats

4. Visioners for Peace

5. Book club at the library.

6. Women's hiking group. We hike on Tuesdays. The group boiled down to three strong hikers: Karen, Gro and me. In the winter, we keep going on snowshoes and micro-spikes.

Photos:

1. Volunteer college mentor award winners, May 2018. I'm second from the left.
  2. Karen and Mall identify mushrooms, August 2014.
  3. North Central WA Democrat meeting. 2014. I'm second from the left.
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.