Agnostic.com

29 4

What’s the worst break up you’ve had?

What’s the worst way someone has broken up with you?

ekon1227 4 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was in an on again off again relationship for nine years and hated every bit of it but I was not strong and kept going back even though I knew it was bad. I finally decided to end it once and for all. He stalked me for over a year, I had to change my phone number several times, moved in with my daughter for safety. I had him arrested and got a protective order. I saw him sitting in a car outside my gallery one day about two years ago and I started shaking. I was alone and very frightened. He just stared at me for awhile and left. I'm still afraid of him. It's been ten years but I will never trust that man.

Wow!! What an amazing bunch of survivors you are!!! You've lived through some incredible shit and are still on your feet (though maybe with a limp). Remember, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger. (Nope, no typo)

I like that. I'll take my strangeness and be happy with it! Thank you for a slight perspective update for me.

Two options to pick from:

My ex-wife left me two weeks after I got a vasectomy for our five year anniversary - she'd had some psychological issues around having children and just generally, so I thought she'd be much happier if I did the deed. She was - happy enough to realize she couldn't be happy with me anymore.

The second option was a sub I had who conned me out of $40K of my life savings (not too long after the divorce), and cheated on me with another man...in the same hotel room I was staying in, while I was present, after I asked her not to. I now have PTSD, particularly bad flashbacks, and have been ostracized from a giant group of friends we shared in gaming, because they believed she could do no wrong.

I should mention the second one became a stalker, including making fake accounts on places like OkCupid to try to convince me I was the one who caused her to cheat on me.

In terms of relationships and dating I have done the breaking up.... in terms of talking and going to date I would say a guy just ghosting or disappearing is annoying or a first date where a guy treated me like I had some contagious disease and kept a firm distance on the subway as we went home were the worst. I know it's not what you asked but still wanted to contribute something! heh

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.