Agnostic.com

10 2

Hi! I'm so glad there is a website for people like us now. For a long time I have wished for such a site and thought about launching my own but have no idea how to do it! Its difficult to be surrounded by so many religious people, not only friends and family but now at my new job. If I reveal that I'm an atheist, people almost gasp in disbelief! It blows me away. I hate it when people say "Have a blessed day". There is no reason for that and they don't even consider that someone may be atheist. Anyway, glad to be here!

Presley1209 7 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just arrived here and am also thankful for this online community. I rarely volunteer my views on religion but frequently get asked about it on dates, etc. The vast majority of the time, being not religious is just too much outside their experience and likely threatening. But if it comes up after we are friends, those friends not as freaked out by it and frequently curious.

Bless you doesn't bother me. It's just someone wishing you well in their own way. It beats go to hell.

I suppose you have a point there.

Welcome! I think a lot of people add the "have a blessed day" as a way to underline the fact that their religion is the majority. If you were to say something, you're the dick because they're just being nice, and you're being the mean atheist.

I know, but I'm just saying people should be more considerate and just say "Have a good day". It is what it is and I'm sure its not going to change.

Once my brother asked me I believed in Jesus and I said no. Two women literally gasped. Guess what ladies the vast majority of people on earth don't believe in Jesus.

Yes but most won't admit it!

Today at Wal-Mart the lady said have a blessed day. Ugh... I said, "Thanks" and walked out with my stuff. All the people I'm around are religious.

Oh geez! I know I will say something one day, just to point out not all people are believers!

Welcome aboard

Thank you!

Through my work I deal with some religious organizations. I hear or read "have a blessed day" or similar comments frequently. I just let them roll on past. Don't get your garters in a knot for something trivial. I don't make it a habit to discuss my religion or lack thereof at work, or much of anyplace else. I know you're in a conservative area, I used to live in the KC area. My policy is to share on a "need to know" basis. Do they need this information, or do I need to put it out there? Usually not. Just like if I had a medical condition, ie: Would it affect someone negatively to know I had Herpes? Not that I do. Also, consider the intention, they're wishing you well.

Welcome to the site, I think you will like it here.

Hi hippie chick! Thank you and I do already like it! I understand where you are coming from and most days it doesn't bother me but some days I just want to say something simply because they are so free to talk about their beliefs, etc.

Welcome to the community. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you! Its so refreshing!

Well, you are in luck and here you can reveal yourself in all your might and live to tell the story. Welcome, welcome.

Thank you!

Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you!

Duke Level 8 Jan 20, 2018

Hi Duke! Thank you! I'm thrilled to be here! I have a whole new arena to talk without being judged!

@Presley1209 Oh, you'll be judged by some. Just not based on your religious beliefs or lack thereof. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.