Agnostic.com

21 6

What are your comfort food, activities, items when you are sick?
What makes you feel better?

Crimson67 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tex-Mex is my comfort food I like to watch Netflix or Hulu when I'm sick and I like chocolates no matter how I feel.

Grilled cheese and dark chocolate, craving Popeyes right now though, the biscuits and chicken uuuuuuuhhh.

I love dark chocolate and I love Popeyes large red beans and rice with two biscuits. That's all I ever get from there.

Just a side note, that episode from disjointed last night made me crave Popeyes, and after this discussion of comfort food, I went and got a meal from Them.

No chicken?@SonderOpia

@Funandfondles I have braces now so I can't bite into it and I really like how crispy it is so tearing it up makes me sad. LOL

Sorry, still kind of funny. @SonderOpia

Hard to beat my wife's chicken soup. It will cure about anything.

There are a lot of home remedies the elders give you. Apart from that I like every other food even when I am sick.

I had the flu after Christmas. I felt horrible. I basically binge on shows I like on Netflix. This time it was the show, LOST. I also ate lots of chicken soup.

Homemade chicken soup, watching tv/Agnostic.com, orange juice and lying on couch with my comfy blanket and dog Sassy.

Drinking beer and chicken soup. a hug works well too.

Anything with salt.

Food: Soba soup (chicken stock with dashi) with kale, garlic, shrimp, egg, pork, leeks, shiitake, scallion, daikon, and fresh chopped habanero pepper.
Activities: NetFlix, Hulu, social media, and masturbation

sleep. hot tea. sleep.

Shrimp gumbo... It's food from the Gods..lol.

That it is.

Chicken soup is always good when your sick. I like fresh made pasta, Veal picata is always good. I like most foods made fresh

Now that I can control my sleeping time... sleep. I may think the things to do when I get better. I go very basic... ramen noodle since I lose my appetite if I am sick, but I seldom go sick even the common cold. No tv, no music, no human contact, no internet, If I can get some inspiration and write something is a huge victory. But I go very basic.

Grilled cheese, tomato soup, watching tv on the couch with a warm blanket, Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine. 🙂

French Fries... They are potatoes offering themselves to us as a way to bring us both happiness.

A scalding hot bath with Carina Round's "Things You Should Know " jamming in the background.

Sleep is number one. Reading. Chicken noodle soup, and then some more sleep

Burning sore infected throat. Chew large clove of organic garlic letting the juices and fumes roll down the throat. Kills the pain etc. in about 20 seconds.

Sinus problems chew fresh organic horseradish root or even just grate and inhale. Sinus cleared in about 15 seconds.

You remind me of freshman year in college sore throat infection, making me miss basketball tryouts and my uncle took me to a doctor lecturing me in the way in and the way out about the dangers and perils of oral sex. On the plus side I read the whole Godfather book that week in bed.

@witchymom LOL but seriously a few years ago I had been suffering 3 days with my throat and in desperation ate the garlic. It burnt my gums (sensation not literal) and as I say killed the germs and inflammation almost instantly. I now take 2 garlic horseradish bit C tablets every day and didn't have the flu vaccination, for the first time in ten years, last winter. No illness whole winter.

@witchymom If you have good subconscious control yes you can in some cases achieve success. However I'm sceptical in this case as the bacteria causing inflammation and pain require killing to stop recurrence and continued growth. Headaches are great for being got rid of by mind control. Imagine dilating blood vessels to improve blood flow ... it also works for breast enlargement. 🙂

@GipsyOfNewSpain When you moved from country to country did you not also find that you had no immunity to local bugs. My first couple of years in Australia I suffered incredibly from sore throats, having reaction to wattle blossom didn't help either. Eventually immunity built up.
Your missing trials reminded me of missing the chance to still have my name in the school record books when 11. I could throw the javelin two and a half times the then existing record. I had a sniffle and my mother wouldn't let me go to participate.
Sounds like you got the old herpes to lips and vice versa lecture, LOL!

Depends on what's in the fridge and the pantry at the time.
When I was a kid, my mom used to make tea and toast. It doesn't matter how old
I get, when I'm sick, I wish I had a mom.

I can't eat when I am sick. I will not eat till I am better. I just need my puppy loving, and kitty cat loving. My pets are my medicine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16821
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.