Agnostic.com

7 5

QUESTION Trump will give healthcare workers the right to refuse to treat LGBT people / LGBTQ Nation

THIS is the major result I was concerned about that would snowball from all those "bakery" lawsuits ... allowing people to deny services of any kind to LGBTQ due to "religious" reasons ... opened the door to discrimination ....

Sickens me, absolutely disgusting.

Yes, I know, the changes are not made yet, and they may not ... I'm still angry as hell in principle. Fuckers.

evestrat 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It bothers me that healthcare is treated like it's any other business. It's not. It includes emergency services. You can't shop around during an emergency. It's not a market-driven situation. This is, of course, specifically intended to make lifesaving abortions more difficult, allowing healthcare (un) professionals to deny care to a woman with a perforated aorta, allowing mother and fetus to die rather than terminate the pregnancy to save the woman's life. But, I'm waiting for the day when a Jehovah's Witness refuses to give someone a blood transfusion on religious grounds. Or when an Orthodox Jew refuses to treat a woman because she's having her period and the Bible says she's unclean.

How Christian of him!!!! And the Evangelicals approve!!!!

I can't help but think this is kind of thing is representative of a fading mindset. It's wrong. It's fucking infuriating. There's more work to be done. I find hope in groups like this and the people willing to stand up and speak out. Thanks for sharing.

He's a Yuge panderer to his bigoted/racist fanatic base..I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner...the DoJ is in the process of setting up a committee to respond and defend against any legal challenges to it and the new "decree" enabling religiturds to refuse LGBTQ people healthcare based on their Religious doctrine..

Its terrible that religous scruples can rule our live.

Why this is even a consideration is repugnant. 😟

The fact that we're living in 2018 but, shit like this is still happening is rather disconcerting. But, some court will strike it down as unconstitutional and it will eventually end up in the Supreme Court. And THEN, hopefully, it will be eliminated permanently.

Duke Level 8 Jan 20, 2018

@SteveB Understood. And, I can't argue with that. All the more reason that this stuff gets there before any more changes happen in the SC.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.