Agnostic.com

1 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The thing that popped in my head with this was major job cuts if this is pushed.

Maybe, but it would have to be due to automation, i.e. robots. If not, the same number of worker-hours would still be needed. In order to cut jobs, that would mean those workers left would get more hours. I suspect that would make many part-time empolyees into full-time employees, meaning they'll probably get benefits, or more benefits.

One of the problems with all this, is that some workers might not actually be employed by these companies, but rather by temp agencies. As I understand it, Amazon does this. I'm not sure how temp workers would factor into the issue.

@bingst The major problem would be similar to what is happening in California with it minimum wage dollar amount being raised. The remaining workers are under more stress to do extend work or a much heavier work load. If they can't handle it they are just not asked back to the job. The temp agency just finds some inane reason to not use that employee again.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:168999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.