Agnostic.com

12 2

While in a public restroom, you hear someone crying/sobbing in a stall nearby. What do you do?

Has this ever happened to you?

• 27 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
MyLiege 7 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never been in a situation like that before.

Judging by the sound, intensity, location and time I would determine what action (or not) to take. Sometimes people just need space.

It has.

I asked, and the guy told me that he had just lost his Dad to cancer and hadn’t gotten to really say goodbye.

Then he came out, and he looked so lost. I asked if he needed a hug or something and he just started crying again so I gave him a hug.

Then I told him that his Dad knew.

It took a minute, but then he was ready to wash his face and head back out into the world.

Being human doesn’t take long and sometimes it’s all the difference.

Mirth Level 4 Jan 20, 2018

I'm much more inclined to offer emotional support if I've had some wine lol.... I have many super powers but comfortingba crying stranger isn't one of them...although my awkwardness might lighten the mood

Firstly make sure it's not cos the toilet paper has run out.

Lmao

Share a square....

Absolutely ask if they're okay, and do they need help. Depending upon the answer, and the manner in which it's conveyed, assess accordingly.

Guys crying in a stall scare me. Most people planning on doing something crazy cry before they do it. There's no awww... It's going to be akright.

If it's US, you choose to help on your own risk. You can live to regret when you are accused of sexual abuse,your life will be finished. I call the police and move on.

I guess if you're a man hanging out in a women's restroom, you do run that risk.

@KKGator Even men can now accuse you of sexual abuse.The US is upside down.

@0752532706 It's bad, but not all bad. Never give up on humanity.

Definitely will ask if they're okay. If not will call 911.

I'm 60, I'm a mom and grandmother, I'm a feminist, and a Mama Bear. When I hear a cub in trouble I'm going to get nosy. I'm going to make sure they are OK, and I'm going to make sure they can get to someplace safe. That's what Mama Bears do.

Just a polite checkup to make sure they are alright. If they say they are ok, give them space, but if they need help seriously, then the least you can do is get help for them. Some people just need somone to talk to as well, so if I have the time I don’t mind listening.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.