Agnostic.com

3 0

Partners parents ?

Has any issue with your partners Parents/Parent ever interfered with you relationship I.e religion, how you look, your job your beliefs, etc . I know I was not good enough due to my lowly status at the time...

Wolfbat 6 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to go loggerheads with my 1st husband's father. My inlaws were religious but my father-in-law and I were both Virgos and argued constantly. We were living in their house so my husband could finish his degree. Asked to make a steak I did to a wave of criticism. I was so angry I threw the fork in my hand and it landed standing up straight in the kitchen floor. Last time I made steak. Told my husband I was moving out and he could come if he wanted to. We got an apt right away.

You obviously put some credibility in astrology seeing how you mentioned you were both Virgos, which is as much nonsense as religion is.

personalities identical-why we clashed

you got it Steve

Well my ex had interfered in 2 subsequent relationships and tried to in a 3rd.
My parents however have been the bane of my life, when I was a teen in the 70s and long hair was the fashion, my father wold hold me down and shave my head, my parents took me out of school and forced me to take a job my father had lined up, either that or leave home, then once I was working they kicked me out regardless. My mother still never lets up, how horrible I am, I am going to hell, and so forth. My family has never forgiven me for divorcing my ex and raising my kids on my own, or for leaving a high power job in banking and finance. My mother still tells me to get a haircut. I keep telling her, "This is why you are in a nursing home!"

@Stevil You should write a book , you've had me in stitches mate....????

I grew up surrounded by fundamentalists. I was about three or four when I started going Huh? When I asked questions, they might try to answer or just tell me that was the way it was. I just learned to look for answers on my own because they were in lock step toeing the line for Jesus.
Consequently, I learned not to listen to other people’s opinion about religion and more importantly their opinions about me.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 20, 2018

Good on ya,despite an attempt to brainwash you, you have gone your own way.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16969
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.