Agnostic.com

28 12

My mother is going downhill - asking for kind thoughts or feedback

She has a degenerative illness, but has taken a turn for the worse. I don't know how much time she has left. My dad and I have been doing everything we can for her, while making sure we can still take care of ourselves. But she is so anxious and nervous and trying to control everything, including after she's gone, and she's also making my dad anxious, and all this is just adding to my own stress and fear of losing her.

Just looking for some kind thoughts or feedback. Thanks.

bleurowz 8 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe a home hospice secular counselor can help you 3 ? Are your parents religious ? If she is trying to regain control of an aging body MAYBE a swimming pool or massage or accupuncture can give her some relief and respite ?

Thanks. Although this post is about nine months old; my mother passed away last September.

@bleurowz sorry I read no date on posts

Thank her and show that she was successful
in her life and accomplishments.You value
and celebrate the uniqueness that is her
alone. Death cannot hold the upper hand;
or all we do (or did)matters not.She did change the world otherwise you wouldn't be
sharing this part in her life(hard as it is).
Death sting is we didnt matter.Share the
fear as best you can,as we all have different
thresholds of fear.We all will be where she is.
And you reflect the good she lived.We
can't fathom another's fears-just allay them.

Thanks. Although this post is about nine months old; my mother passed away last September.

UPDATE: Many thanks to everyone who's responded, including recently. I don't know why this post is showing up as current, because I actually made it almost nine months ago and my mother passed last September. It's too old to even edit to add this update, so I'm putting this here.

I'm very sorry, you have my thoughts. My mother passed 2 1/2 years ago and I'm still surprised by realizing she's gone. I visited my dad's grave 2 weeks ago (1998 ) and was surprised by the strength of my emotion. All I can say is, they live on as long as we remember them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.