Agnostic.com

7 3

I am atheist. I have a few friends who believe in god(s). I trust people who believe in human rights, no matter if they are theist or atheist. Do others feel the same way?

SKH78 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No ....believers have mixed loyalty at best and cannot be trusted with our human rights

You can be humanistic and theistic at the same time.

There are some good theists out there volunteering and donating money.

Certainly. I've known some very broadminded believers, and I've known some very bigoted nonbelievers. A person's personal beliefs concerning things for which there is no convincing proof either way is no guarantee as to where their positions will be concerning ethical and moral issues.

Susan, I have said almost the same thing. When a person is stacking cans of food on a shelf, or whatever the volunteer job is, there is no time left for some 'blame game'. (blame 'it' on religion)

Hi SusanHilde,Ilike people who believe in human rights whether they are religious or not,but trust must come from knowing a person.

I trust most theists as much as pretty any other group, at least in most matters. However, I wouldn't want any child of mine to be brought up by Christian fundamentalists. They would probably teach beliefs, values or attitudes that I I disagree with and that I think are wrong or bad.

Yes, in the "Thou shalt nots", I don't see anywhere where it says, "Thou shalt be honest." But I also have religious friends- and they wouldn't steal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.