Agnostic.com

10 2

Is character assassination calling out a person for using sexual innuendos on another person?

Let's say 18 is considered adult in todays society and a person should be able to speak up for themselves. Then if someone makes a sexual advancement at that person, should they have immediately shut them down, or be allowed to carry over this complaint to a later date? Just asking.
Example: a guy and gal go on a date and have a great time. At the end of the night he suggests sleeping with the gal and having breakfast in the morning. Is this something to be called out on at a later date?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely not! That's all.

I thank everyone for there answers... thank you!!!

No means no. If someone makes the suggestion and the other person says no, and the person who suggesedt it says ok and respect the other person's answer than there is nothing to call out.

This really depends on how they both feel. I have the freedom to like, or love, whomever I want, and this goes both ways. The woman also has the exact same rights. If someone doesn't like you romantically, they aren't being mean, they are just following their feelings. Each person has the right to say, yes or no. It doesn't make them right or wrong, it's just their personal preference. And just because a woman goes on a date with me, doesn't mean she has to sleep with me. A date is just a chance to see if we connect. I might feel like we connected and she may feel the same way, or might not. Just speak up about your feelings, yes I'm interested, romantically, or no I just see you as a friend. Then ok, be friends. Respect the wishes of the other person and move on, we seem to really like throwing out terms like "character assassination" or "Friend-Zone" but I really don't believe they exist. I think its just more of people being too soft. These are just words thrown out by men, to belittle women, and make themselves feel better.

It really all depends on the people and the circumstances, the chemistry, communication all play a role here. They shouldn't judge them off of the one situation if it was consensual. Unless one was drugged or drunk.. thats a hole other story.

My comment was meant with dating, not the work place or stranger to stranger meetings!

A person who makes a sexual pass at the end of a nice date and a person who is so upset by being on the receiving end of such a sexual pass that s/he can't immediately respond to it should not be dating each other. They are on completely different wavelengths.

Nothing wrong with finding out this way; sometimes you just don't know. And there's no cause for either person to be resentful of the other. Neither way is wrong. They just don't match.

Yes, you should always speak up for your comfort in the moment. If you can't do that for some reason, you need to not put yourself in those kinds of situations, or learn how to deal with them.

Making a pass is not necessarily out of line. Shutting down a pass is not necessarily character assassination. It's all in the attitudes and the handling.

In your example: a guy and gal go on a date and have a great time. At the end of the night he suggests sleeping with the gal and having breakfast in the morning.
IMO NO. As long as they were consenting adults. If she stays til breakfast what could she possibly be calling him out for? Buyers remorse? I think on this site you will find most women mature enough and not brainwashed by religion to know their own minds and needs.
If there is something done to you by someone that you do not like CALL them on it at the moment waiting does not help the situation.

The scenario that you described would not fall under 'sexual harassment,' to me. Maybe poor timing or bad taste, but that is not a power play, not if is expressed in a clear cut, question! AND, the answer was respected! Our society has progressed passed the point of 'catching people of guard' in order to have sex...at least the last time I checked!

Must be dealt with immediately. It makes no sense to wait. It is in no way "character assassination". Not even close. Being called out on anything must be done in the moment. Especially if it involves expectations of sexual contact.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.