Agnostic.com

29 5

What is an Atheist/Agnostic quote that you like?

I love clever or funny quotes. Do you have a good one for lack of religion?

Here is one from the TV show, House:

"If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic."

silvereyes 8 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm picking two tops:
Mark Twain: “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Once upon a time, people identified the god Neptune as the source of storms at sea. Today we call these storms hurricanes. The only people who still call hurricanes acts of God are the people who write insurance forms."

We are all born atheists, until someone starts telling us lies.

• OR -

I don't believe in your God, the same way you don't believe in anyone else's

"We each have two lives. The second begins when we realize we have only one."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

“With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion. ”.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact"

Jesus saves. That's great do you know where he shops.

LOL

“I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - reportedly, Mark Twain.

God has Alzheimer's and has forgotten we exist.

Jane Wagner

mzee Level 7 Oct 23, 2017

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”-Marcus Aurelius

In Dog we trust.

One of my favorites was by Mark Twain, "Faith is believing something you know ain't true."

Life is a disease, it is sexually transmitted and 100% fatal. This is true regardless of which god or gods you choose to believe in or non at all. Nobody gets out of this life alive.

I only disbelieve in one God more than the rest!

Jammo Level 5 Oct 19, 2017

Jesus saves...
Moses invests!

If hell does exist, there are so many brilliant scientists in there, it’s probably air conditioned by now.

I try to do good in the world not out of fear for hell or reward of heaven, but because it feels better not to be an asshole.

Jesus is the answer. Is this a jeopardy question?

If you close your eyes and block your ears
to the accumulated knowledge of the last 2000 years.
Then, morally, guess what you're off the hook
and thank christ you only have to read one book.

Tim Minchin

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing".

By one of my favorite authors Charles Bukowski. I can't remember what his particular beliefs were but his observations are to me very secular.

the halton peel humanists used to call themselves a non prophet organization !

"As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." - Mikhail Bakunin

"There is nothing an agnostic cannot do if he doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not." -Monty Python

How the bible is so reprehensible in most chapters and verses ... yet admired and celebrated as a "source for morals" is beyond me.

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.

George Carlin

gearl Level 8 Oct 25, 2017

If there were no god man would invent one

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining! If your god is real then why does he need a book?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.